Chapter 8: Rescuing His Lady

July 2st, 12 days until the Ball [noon]
But then he saw her. Unconscious and buried by the waves.

Chat grabbed a life saver and stuck his baton into the side of the ship. Chat extended his baton to where Ladybug was and threw the light saver over her. It didn't work. She was still sinking, now she was fully underwater. Chat was at the edge of the baton and flipped upside down. He kept his feet caught on his baton and the rest of him was underwater reaching for his Lady. He grabbed her hand and pulled her face towards his. She had 3 dots left. He had 2 paws left.
"Klp! Ach!" Chat gasped as he got to the surface. Ladybug was still unconscious, Chat held her in his arms. Chat shortened his baton to get back to the ship and was bombarded by news. Among them Alya, recording all that just happened.

The news threw questions at him nonstop. "What happened? Is Ladybug alright" and many more.

Chat noticed he only had 1 paw left so he ran through the newspeople, past Alya and towards the middle of the staircase, where he can see up to the sky.

Chat smiled at the news people filming him.

"Bye." He said. He extended the baton towards the sky. Still holding onto Ladybug.
"I'm not abandoning you now." He whispered to her, even though he knew she couldn't hear him.

When they reached the top, he ran towards the edge and extended his baton with them on it again, this time heading towards his home. The only place he felt it was safe for Ladybug now.
"Well, I guess I'll finally know who you are, My Lady." He said. Marinette's news was the farthest thing from his mind right now. At least for now.

Alya's POV, at her house after the attack.

Ladybug was Alya's hero so Ladybug's unconsciousness was frightening. She was the only one to can unevilize an Akuma. Was she alright? Alya thought.

Alya started looking over the videos and saw the last footage she got after she quickly ran up the stairs, to follow Chat. Showed him heading towards the part of the neighborhood where Chloé's father's hotel was and where Adrien's mansion was.
If I could get some camera footage from the police, I could figure out who Chat Noir is and maybe Ladybug too!"