Chapter 9: Reveal

July 2nd, 12 Days until the Ball [Late Afternoon, Sunsetting]

Where am I? Marinette thought. She opened her eyes and saw she was in a closet. It was night. Tikki was no where to be found.

"Hello?" Marinette called out. "Anyone there?"

"Ladybug?" Replied an unknown voice outside a door.

"Chat? What happened?" Where am I?" Marinette asked.

"What do you remember last?"

Marinette thought back to the battle and tried to continue but she got a huge headache.

"Ouch! The last thing I remember is falling. I battled Mr. MOB and then I was falling. Does that make sense?"

Chat nodded his head, thought Marinette couldn't see it.
"Yes, it does. After we battled Mr. MOB, my baton flew overboard when I slipped on the goo. I was stuck so you jumped to grab it for me. I guess you thought it would be easy.  You flung the yoyo up to reach the banister on the edge, but it missed. You continued to fall to the water and got knocked unconscious by the waves. I was able to retrieve you, but you were unconscious and about to change. So I decided last minute to place you here. It's an abandoned house. The battle was around noon and it's 5pm right now. I was afraid you wouldn't wake. "

"Wait, so you know who I am?!" Marinette said. Marinette starting to freak out, inside her head.

"No My Lady. I placed you in the closet because I wanted to wait until you were conscious to know who you really are. Your kwami, Tikki has been chatting with mine, Plagg. The reunion was very exciting for them and she was shocked to know who I was, but hasn't really talked to me. Mostly Plagg. "

Marinette heard Tikki's soft voice and a deeper voice she took to be Plagg's. "Can I see her?" Marinette asked.

Chat opened the door a crack so Tikki could fly in.

Tikki rushed to Marinette and whispered. "Marinette! You're okay! I have news, you need to see Chat Noir's identity. Now!"

"Shh! Tikki." Marinette said. "Chat?"

"Yes?" Chat replied. He leaned against the closet door. Marinette did the same on the other side.

"Tikki is telling me that It's Time."

"Time for what?"

Marinette hesitated. Should she really see who Chat is?

"It's time to reveal our identities." She said.

Chat lifted his head and realized how terrified he was for this moment. What if she doesn't like who I am under the mask? He thought. There's nothing truly special about me 

"Fine. But right now I'm Chat Noir so may I know who you are first. Then I'll de-transform. Okay?"

Marinette's heart beat so loud she was sure all of Paris heard it. "Okay Chat. I'm coming out." For some reason, tears started to form in her eyes.

She opened the door. Chat looked her in the eye. It was Marinette standing before him.

"...it's you." Chat Noir said, changing back. Adrien was star-struck in awe at what he just witnessed.
"It has been YOU all along. Marinette!... you're My Lady." He started to chuckle, but then saw the look on his Lady's face. "Marinette?"
Marinette met his glance, but immediately looked away.
"...go..."
Adrien's look turned to shock as reality and evil took hold.
"Mari?"
"Go!" She said coldly, "Go away Chat Noi-...Adrien."
He felt his heart shatter with his hope and dreams.

________________________________
😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈

Any comments?