Chapter 25: Gabriel

I heard the news. Gabriel Agreste is NOT Hawkmoth on the show. He's the Collector. OooooOoooo
_________________________

July 10th, 4 Days until the Ball [Afternoon]

School has just ended. It's raining. Marinette went out of the school with Adrien and headed to the car. Adrien is holding the black umbrella for the both of them. 😍 Her first day as Gabriel's intern is today. She was told to bring all her designs with her for Gabriel to look at. Marinette was really nervous. Adrien was excited for Marinette to start her internship.

"What if he doesn't like the designs? What if he takes back the opportunity? Then I'll never become a designer!!" Marinette said, quietly freaking out.

"Shut up! You're whining is annoying me!" Plagg whined. Tikki playfully shoved Plagg.

"What he means is, don't worry! You'll do great." Tikki said.

"Tikki's right. You can do it," Adrien said.

Behind them, Alya and Nino were discussing all the times that they could have realized Marinette and Adrien were Ladybug and Chat Noir.

"And all the battles at Chloé's Dad's hotel. They have security cameras and could have watched them detransform!"

"And when we fought Horrificator. Chat said that the goo was indestructible. So how'd he and Ladybug get in? It was impossible unless they were already there. Which they were."

"OMG Animan!" Alya said a bit too loud. A few people looked over. A bit quieter, Alya continued. "Marinette, knowingly kicked us together in a cage! I'm gonna get that girl back!"

"Why? We wouldn't be together if that didn't happen."

"Well I was still upset that we got locked in a cage! What if we didn't get magically taken out. We could have been in there with a deadly animal. And my dad."

Nino laughed. "The way your father acts towards me he might as well be the deadly animal."

Alya nudged him. They turned right to get to a sushi restaurant for a date. "Oh shush. My dad's not that bad." Nino gave her a look. "Okay, fine my dad could be a bit rude to you."

While DjWifi had a fun afternoon together, we will fast forwards to Adrienette. Adrien and Marinette finished their homework together while waiting for Nathalie to take them to the Gabriel office. A half-hour went by before they left. 

Once they got to the giant office, Adrien and Gorilla head to the modeling department for the photo shoot. Nathalie and Marinette head to Gabriel's office.

Nathalie knocked on the door. "Gabriel?"

"Come in." Gabriel said. They walked in. "Nathalie, please deal with the fall line problem. Also, a hair stylist is taking maternity leave, and her husband, who's one of our models is taking paternity leave. Finalize that, please. Thank you."

Nathalie headed out the door to do her work.

"Marinette. Good to see you." Gabriel said, looking up at the nervous bluenette.

"Good to see you too, Mr. Agreste." Marinette said.

"Can I see your designs?" He asked.

"Of course." Marinette said, her nerves starting to calm down.

She handed the papers to Gabriel. He looked them over quickly, but carefully. Marinette watched patiently. When Gabriel was finished, he handed them back to Marinette.