Chapter 10

Nandini: Manik kya hua? Are, you okay?

Manik: Yeah yeah I'm okay.

Nandini: No, you are not okay. Now shut up and sit here.

Nandini grabbed the driver's seat and tied her and his seat belt.

Manik decided not to argue because he was actually not feeling well.

Nandini asked him show direction to his home. She kept on looking at him in between. Manik just closed his eyes. He was still red. They reached Manik's place and Nandini took him inside. As soon as they entered his house Manik ran upstairs and barged in washroom. Nandini followed him to find him puking badly.

Manik came out all exhausted. His face and eyes were even more red and his face was covered with sweat.

Nandini looked at him. She immediately wiped his face with her handkerchief and made him sit on the bed. She grabbed a nearby water bottle and made him drink some water. Manik calmed down and closed his eyes to catch his breath.

Nandini: Manik, feeling better now?

Manik just nodded with closed eyes.

Nandini: Manik you lie down... come.

Manik was not in a condition to protest so he lied down. Nandini covered him with duvet.

Manik: Please I'm feeling very hot.

Nandini: I'll switch on the Air conditioner. You take this.

Nandini switched on the AC and soon Manik adjusted himself to the temperature and pulled up the duvet. But soon he was out of bed again to puke. He came out after 2 mins. His face looked pale. Nandini touched his forehead which was burning hot.

Nandini: Manik, you have fever. You sleep here.

She made him lie down again, switched off the AC.

Nandini: You take rest Manik, I'll be back okay?

Nandini moved out of the room in search of kitchen in the house. She was back with a bowl of cold water and cloth to again found Manik in the washroom.

This time Manik was totally out of energy.

Nandini: Manik, I think we should call a doctor.

Manik took his phone, dialed his family doctor's number and gave the phone to Nandini. She spoke to doctor.

Nandini: Manik, the doctor is coming in 10 minutes.

Manik: Okay. I'm fine.

Nandini: Wo toh mai dekh rahi hun Manik.

Manik kept quiet and closed his eyes.

Nandini kept the wet cloth on his forehead.

Soon the doctor came and checked Manik.

Doctor: So Manik, This, is an Acid re-flux attack because of having a lot of spicy food. Take these medicines for one day and you will be fine.

Manik: Thank you.

Doctor: And Nandini, just give him light food to eat. He needs one day's rest then he will be perfectly fine.

Nandini: Okay thank you.

Doctor: Take care Manik.

The doctor left.

Nandini: Manik, sleep now. I'm here only.

Manik: Nandini I'm fine you go home.

Nandini: No not at all.

Manik: Nandini, I said I am fine my driver will drop you home.