Chapter 14

Hello!!
Here is next part...
Happy reading

------------------

Everyone gathered around the stage. It took a few seconds for all to register what just happend. Nandini was nowhere on the stairs. A tall figure already picked up Nandini in his arms and moved away from stage. No body could see who is he as the lights were dim. Fab 4 and Navya followed him. The person took her to the emergency room. The nurse checked her pulse. She had a little cut on her forehead. She cleaned and bandaged her wound.
Nurse: No need to worry... She felt unconscious because of shock. She will gain her senses back soon. And as soon as she gets up give her something to eat.
Only one person can stay here. Rest all please leave.
Why don't you wait Mr. ??
Unknown person : Abhimanyu... Abhimanyu Thakkar

Nurse: Yes, Abhimanyu be with her

Abhimanyu: Okay, Thank you.
Navya: Can I be here too? She is my roommate. Plus we don't know him.
Abhimanyu: Hi I'm Abhimanyu.. and you?
Navya: I'm Navya... And thanks for your help.
Abhimanyu just smiled.
Nurse insisted all to leave. Everyone left hesistently.
Abhimanyu had a glass of water and sat beside her bed on a stool.
Here Manik came back after finishing his phone call and found out something happend in the party hall.

Unseen Flashback-

Sia - It's time to say goodbye to you all. We enjoyed hosting today and hope next year we will see you.

Samar - Bye everyone and enjoy the party.

Everyone left the stage. Manik got a phone call and left the hall immediately.
Manik on call - This time I don't want any bad news.
Manik kept on talking on phone.

Flashback ends.

He called Cabir and came to about Nandini's accident. He ran towards emergency room and found Nandini sleeping on the bed and somebody else was there too. Manik barged into to the room.
Abhimanyu: Excuse me.. who are you....
Manik: Doesn't matter... What happened to her? And who are you? And why are you here with her?
Abhimanyu: Woo.. woo. Woo cool down man... One question at a time. Hi I'm Abhi....
Manik: I don't care. Now leave from here.
Manik was about to grab his hand.
Abhimanyu: Dude... Chill... Nurse asked me to stay here that's why I'm here. Plus I saved her life or else your girlfriend would have...
Manik: Shut up...  Don't say a word... And she is not my girlfriend.
Abhimanyu smiled looking hearing this. And said in low voice and said looking at Nandini.
Abhimanyu: Well that's great.
Manik: What??
Abhimanyu: Nothing... !
The nurse came when she heard the shouting.
Nurse: Didn't I tell you only one person can stay here?
Abhimanyu: I know.. that's what I told him... But he started hitting me...
Manik: Lier... I didn't.
Nurse: Manik Malhotra I know you can do that. Now please go from here.
Meanwhile Nandini was struggling to open her eyes. Manik ran towards her and held her palm. She opened her eyes slowly.
Manik: Nandini...
Nandini: PaNi....
Manik helped her to sit and Abhimanyu offered a glass of water. But Manik took the glass in his hand and gave it to Nandini. Nandini drank it and grabbed her forehead.
Manik and Abhimanyu said at the same time.
: Is it paining?
Manik gave an angry glare to Abhimanyu.
Nandini nodded in yes.
Nurse: I hope you are feeling good. You are absolutely alright. Just take some painkillers and dress your wound twice a day. For now, will you get something for her to eat?
Abhimanyu: I'll bring. What will you have?
He asked Nandini but before she could say anything Manik answered.
Manik: Just some orange juice for now.
Abhimanyu: Okay.
Nurse: You can take her home now.
The nurse left.
Nandini: Manik, what happened?
Manik: Nothing much Nandini. Are you feeling good?
Nandini nodded in affermation.
Manik: Can you walk?
Nandini: I'll try.
Manik helped her to get down from the bed.
Nandini: Where is Navya?
Manik: I'll call her.
Nandini and Manik started walking towards parking lot.
Manik dialed Navya's number and she picked up.
Manik: Navya, Nandini is with me and we are heading towards parking lot. She fine let us take her home.
Navya: Okay Manik. Cabir and I will meet you there.
Phone call ended.
Nandini: Manik juice? And that guy?
Manik: Nandini as soon as we reach your place.. we will give you something to eat.
Nandini nodded.
Here Abhimanyu came back with juice and found no one in the room.
He went in search of Manik and Nandini. In the corridor he saw them.
Abhimanyu ran to reach them.
Abhimanyu: Hey wait, wait.
Manik sighed and stopped.
Both turned towards him.
Abhimanyu handed the juice box to Nandini.
Nandini: Thank you.
Manik gave a fake smile to him.
Abhimanyu: You are going?
Manik: Yes.
Abhimanyu: Take care. Nandini... I'll see you tomorrow. Bye Manik.
Manik and Nandini bided bye to him. They reached the car where they met Navya and cabir.
Navya made Nandini sit in Manik's car. Cabir was about to hop in passenger's seat when Manik stopped him.
Manik - Listen Cabir,  you drive. I have some work. 
Cabir - But your car..?
Manik - I have already asked driver to bring my car.
Cabir - Okay.
Cabir moved towards driver's seat. And Manik moved towards his car.

NavNi's Apartment

Cavya and Nandini reached home. They made nandini comfortable. Trio had food and Nandini slept as she was tired. Cavya left the room after tucking her blanket properly.

While on the other side

Manik's car parked in front of a small bunglow and he  went inside.
He was huffing like a bull. Manik directly held collar of the man standing front of him.
Manik - How dare you ? I trusted you and gave you one responsibility and you failed to do it.
Man - Sorry sir! Please forgive me. I tried my level best Sir. No one was there but I don't know how that boy came there. Please give me one more chance. I'll not disappoint you Sir.
Manik became more angry. He was going to punch that guy but someone held his hand. He turned angrily to see the person. As soon as person hugged Manik tightly, he calmed down.
He told the other person to leave. erson - Manik! Calm down my boy!
Manik - Dad!
(Yes,  the other person is manik's dad.  Raj Malhotra)

Raj - Shhh! You sit down first and have some water

Manik and his dad settled on the couch. Manik drank some water and looked in direction of his dad.
Manik - I'm sorry dad. It was my mistake to trust that person but now I'll personally look into this matter.
Raj - Manik why are you saying sorry. You are not at fault and don't worry I'll take care of everything.
Manik - No Dad. I promised you to take revenge for mom's death and I will fulfill the promise. I will not back off now after coming this close.
Raj - I know you will fulfill the promise but I don't want to lose you.
Manik - I will take care of myself. Just eait for few days dad untill I will play my last move.
The Screen freezes on Manik's  determined face.
---------------

What is the mystery behind the death of Manik's mom? Is there any connection between Nandini and Manik? 
To know more Keep Reading...

Till then Bbyee.
Stay home. Stay safe. Take care.

Lots of love

--Sunshine1216