Chapter 17

Two days after Musicana

The gang except Manik were chilling in the canteen. From nowhere Manik entered and settled beside Cabir.
Manik - Hello guys! Why are you all laughing?

Cabir - What a pleasant surprise! Finally you decided to show your handsome face to us.

Manik rolled his eyes while listening Cabir's sarcasm.

Mukti - What is with you Manik? Everytime you just leave without informing us and this time you are back after two days.

Aliya - Are you hiding something from us? OMG! Don't tell me you have a secret girlfriend.

Everyone snapped their heads towards Manik after listening Aliya's words.
Manik and Nandini shared an eye lock and Manik mummered.
Manik: Not me but I guess someone have a secret girlfriend.

Manik reverted his gaze from Nandini.
Manik - What guys? Don't give me that look. I don't have a girlfriend. I was with dad in Pune. There was some important meeting and my presence was needed. So stop jumping onto conclusions.

Cabir - Okay. Can we order something now? I'm starving.

They ordered breakfast and started talking with each other. Suddenly Abhimanyu coughed loudly that diverted the attention of Gang towards him.
Aryaman - Is anything wrong with you? Please have some water.

He passed the glass to Abhimanyu. He was looking towards Nandini nervously while taking few sips of water. Nandini blinked her eyes and Abhimanyu relaxed little bit. This silent conversation between Abhimanyu and Nandini was seen by Manik. He clenched his fist tightly.

Abhimanyu - Hmm guys... I wanted to tell you something important.

Everyone became silent while seeing Abhimanyu's serious face.

Navya - What happened Abhi? Is there any problem?

Abhimanyu took long breath and said in a one go.
Abhimanyu - IaminloveIproposedherandshesaidyes.

The gang was looking at him as he is an alien.

Cabir - Dude, We don't understand this language. Please tell us in a language which we can understand.

Abhimanyu - I am in love. I proposed her and she said yes.

Navya(excitely) - I'm happy for you but who is the girl?

Aryaman - Ya bro! Atleast tell us her name....

Abhimanyu - You all know her guys. She is present in this room right now.

Girls squealed excitedly. Abhimanyu got up and started walking towards the side where Nandini was seating. She was smiling and her face was glowing. In all this conversation two people were silently seating. They were Manik and Mukti. Manik was glaring at Abhimanyu and Mukti was blank. As soon as Abhimanyu came towards Nandini's side, he forwarded his hand. Everyone were curiously looking at them. She placed the hand in his. He pulled her towards him. She landed on his broad chest and hugged him with a smile on her face. Everyone were shocked to react anything. Recovering from shock Aliya was the first one to hug her.

Aliya - OMG! I'm so happy for you Mukti. Congratulations babes!

(Yes the girl is Mukti who was sitting beside Nandini.)

The breakfast served was a long forgotten business now as all were busy in hugging and congratulating MukBhi. Manik was the last one to hug Mukti who was sitting silently thinking about all the happenings before this happy news. Everyone settled back with the happy faces.