Chapter 02 ♡ Preparation

CHAPTER TWO
PREPARATION

"...and that's all I know for now," Isabela finished. "I still need to continue the game to further know anything about the history of the Underground. If I ever find out anything, I should give the Winx a call or transmission."

The director nodded. "Thank you for sharing this, Isabela. We apprecciate your helpfulness in this mission."

Isabela did the same and replied, "You are most welcome, Miss Faragonda."

Tecna looked at the others, signaling that she will be telling Miss Faragonda about Stella's idea. They all nod, giving her the approval to do so. The fire fairy breathed, and stepped up to the school master.

"Headmistress," she called. "We've had an idea about Isabela's knowledge."

The principal turned to her. "An idea, you say? Go on, share what you have in mind."

"This was Stella's idea, originally." The pinkette began. "We figured that Isabela should become our informant and guide so that we'll be able to do our mission more efficiently. It would be most helpful if you approve of this, Miss Faragonda."

The former fairy hummed, contemplating about it. "She is useful, indeed, but she is still a student and must be able to--"

"I can handle it!" Isabela quipped, catching attention. "I may not be the best multi-tasker but I can always try. Besides, I've always wanted to help the Winx in something. Any opportunity sounds good."

Hearing this surprised them, especially Faragonda. Unsure if she truly can, she asked, "Are you sure about this? Considering your studies as a first year student, you will have many tasks to do. You may have to catch up as well, since you are not a full-fledged fairy."

The younger shook her head, replying, "Believe me, I will make a way for my duty for this mission and my progress as a fairy! I will not let you all down!"

Her inspired determination and stubborness burned in her eyes. Bloom had a good look at her, seeing it. This must be how she won over Alexi, she thought to herself. She's awfully stubborn and determined.

"Very well," spoke Faragonda. "You will serve as the guide and informant of the Winx in this mission. You must, however, do this efficiently aside from your studies as a pupil. Do you understand me?"

Isabela nodded, answering, "Yes, Miss Faragonda."

The headmaster smiled at her, then looked back at the heroines. "You must prepare to leave now," she told them.

"The fate of the civilization is in your hands."

• • •

As the girls packed their knapsacks and dressed in their Action Suits, Tecna came into Isabela's room to see what she'd been doing. The raven had been on her laptop, typing away as she looked for an available free download of Undertale's full version. She sighed helplessly.

"Gee, only having the demo sucks," she muttered. "I could torrent this, but that's illegal."

"You don't have to," Tecna voiced. She tossed a light blue flash drive to the girl, grinning. The younger rose a confused brow and asked, "What's in this?"

"I got the game from your dad," she responded. "I figured you would need it on a better time like now."

Isabela blinked in disbelief. "Are you serious? You had Undertale the whole time?"