Chapter 03 ♡ Welcome to Sawol, Part 1

CHAPTER THREE
WELCOME TO SAWOL, PART 1

Plains of green were ahead of them. Trees stood tall as their branches danced with the wind. The clouds slowly passed by, their fluffy white structure blocking the sun once in a while. A dome of blue could be seen over the houses, huts and other small buildings which were just up ahead.

This is Sawol Village. A small, provincial town that resided beneath the mountain of Ebott. The locals were fine, generous people, and what they had were simple. Their lives were the definition of peace. Literally.

"The atmosphere feels so calm," Musa commented, "it kind of urges me to take a little break even if we haven't done anything at all."

Her statement sparked an idea within Tecna. "We could stay for a while and localize with the place," spoke the pinkette. "Maybe even ask about getting to Mount Ebott."

"Bloom?" Flora called. "What do you think?"

The mentioned fairy thought for a while. It's a good idea, she began, but we can't stay for long.

She exhaled, not noticing how she held her breath, and said, "We'll stay for a night. We could leave for the mountain by dawn. Anyone disagree?"

Everyone agreed, but Stella was left alone. "Can't we stay for a little bit longer?" She asked with a pleading tone. That made Bloom rethink her decision.

"Alright," she announced. "But we leave before noon."

• • •

"Why hello, young fellows," an elderly man said. "Welcome to Sawol Village."

"Hello to you too, kind sir," Bloom greeted back for everyone. "Thank you for welcoming us."

The man bowed slightly in response. "It is my pleasure, young one. It seems that you all are new to this village."

"New we are," replied Tecna. "And definitely new to the fact that a peaceful place such as this exists."

He laughed a little. "Oh dear, but once in a while, we have small fights due to miscommunication, but we sort that quickly. Would you like me to take you around town?"

"Yes, but, you must a little busy at the moment," Flora pointed out how he's carrying some wheat, probably from the harvest. "We might as well go on our own."

"Ah, no my child, I am just about done." The old man said as he turned to the house behind him. "Jenn! Come, child! I need you to bring these in for me!"

A small argument about who's doing what was heard from inside, then out came a girl with lightly tanned skin and hair chocolate brown. Her eyes reflected the same color. She seemed just about Isabela's age, maybe even a year older. Jenn took her grandfather's harvest and headed back inside, almost as if rushing.

"Oh child, where are your manners?" Asked the grandfather, his tone in-between weeping and joking. "Your old man has found some visitors. Would you not at least greet them?"

The younger simply scoffed. "I was working on something, granpa! It almost worked...!"

Her grandfather shook his head. As he was walking towards his house, he invited the girls to come inside as well. Looking at each other, they all reluctantly come in.