Chapter 08 ♡ Into the Underground

CHAPTER EIGHT
INTO THE UNDERGROUND

Long ago, men and monsters lived on Earth and had their feasts. One day came a war, and blood was shed as never before. No monster had known love since then, and they were sealed Underground by the power of the Magis Council--the seven most powerful wizards on Earth. Since that day, the monsters have never seen the daylight...

Now, it is 201X. A group of fairies are sent to Mt. Ebott to free these monsters from the barrier that block their way to the surface... but there came a legend about going into the mountain--those who climb there never return.

• • •

Bloom awoke to a dark cave. It wasn't too dark, truthfully--there was light from above. Around her were columns that circled her and led a way into a room on one side. She felt flowers beneath her. These must be the buttercups, she figured. They are soft. No mistaking this is Flora's work.

Suddenly, her head is striken with pain. Holding up to it, she decided to lie down for a while. It stings... she mentally tells herself. Could it be from the fall? Nevertheless, I need rest...

Meanwhile, the girls are still falling through the hole. A few moments later, the redhead hears screams of fear and excitement from her friends. Alerted by this, she moves a little but that proved to be futile as her friends piled up on top of her back. Pain shot through her body, but she could only muster a small whimper.

"FLOWERS." Musa exclaimed as she tried to get up, or at least roll down. Once she did, the bluenette felt the buttercups and how sweet they smelled. "Hey, they smell nice. Soft to the touch too. They're like a soft mat or something."

Flora rolled down next. "They were healthy enough for me to enhance," she stated, dusting herself off as she sat up. "That made it easier for me to do."

Aisha was last, but was feeling odd by the fact something else was below her. She couldn't help but say, "Well, I'm certainly not feeling flowers below me."

That made Bloom groan. This made the brunette gasp and quickly roll off her back.

"I'm so sorry!" She apologized. "We fell down after you did, hoping you were alright."

Bloom got up with Aisha's help. She replied, "I was having a small headache, but then I heard your voices. I moved, but you fell in faster than I did."

The three make a sweat drop in awkwardness. But, even so, Bloom just laughs it off, and they follow. It became a funny story to tell some others. Might as well humor their apprentice when they return--if they could. It took a while for their laughter to die down into chuckles, when they realized the other three weren't around yet. They look around for any signs of them, but with no luck.

"This is what I meant by missing the experience," Musa said, crossing her arms. "Besides, it takes a while to get down by wings."

A familiar voice argues, replying, "But it is much better to come down in one piece than with a hurting back."

The last three come down with fluttering wings, carrying their weight until their feet touch the floor. "Besides, I wouldn't want to ruin the outfit by crashing down on flowers," Stella added. "I wouldn't want to damage their precious petals either."