Chapter 13 ♡ Puzzles, Puzzles Everywhere, Part 1

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
PUZZLES, PUZZLES EVERYWHERE, PART ONE

"It works like a sort of SAVE point," Bloom explained to the group. "All I do is tap the sparkle, then it turns into some sort of text box and shows me a screen where I can actually save."

Tecna looked at the glowing object, interest evident in her hand position. Her right hand held her chin while the other supported the right elbow. "How curious," she said. "What if I touch it?"

She did as she said she would, but alas, there was no reaction from her actions. Her hand merely passed by the glowing light, showing her that she would not be able to react to it anytime soon. The pinkette sighed, but took note of what happened. It seems only Bloom could interact with it, she concluded. She's the only one who can save our progress.

Musa looked at the sparkle with a confused gaze. "Nothing happened," she stated, "so does that mean anything?"

"Maybe I'm the only one who can SAVE...?" Bloom answered questioningly. "I suppose it's that way since it didn't show the screen to Tecna."

Musa stepped in as she tried to get the sparkle to react to her. "Let me try," she said as her hand only passed, feeling the warmth emitted by the object. She was baffled, and when Bloom touched it again, it turned into the black-and-white screen that she had mentioned. The bluenette blinked, then shook her head. "You're definitely the only one who can do that," she concluded.

"Well, we trust you with our lives anyway," Stella stated. "Besides, you're a good leader. Nobody can handle us as you do."

The redhead was flattered. "Wow--thanks, Stella."

"It's true anyways," Flora added. "And you're one of the best friends we've got."

Time was passing and Bloom knew that they couldn't let their headmistress down. "Thanks guys, but we need to get going," she reminded them. "We have a mission to accomplish."

Her reminder seemed to get to them as they nodded and continued on their way. Roxy, however, had stayed behind to see what was in the room opposite to the path. She entered through the doorway and saw a lone stand surrounded by red leaves. It had a bowl on top which contained candy. The fairy's curiosity overtook her as she took one.

Unbeknownst to her was a spirit child who was watching over her actions. She took one, they thought. Hopefully she isn't going to take any more.

"Roxy!" The leader's voice echoed. "What are you doing here?"

Her voice had startled the other, but she recovered and answered. "Ah, Bloom! I was just taking some candy from this bowl. It might help later in the mission."

The redhead approached the younger fairy and looked at the bowl. From there, she could see the variety of sweets wrapped up in different colors. She slowly rose a suspecting brow as she observed the candies. "Are you sure it's safe to take one?" She questioned the younger.

She nodded. "Yeah. The sign even said it: Take one."

True enough, there was a card placed in front, and written on it were the two words Roxy had mentioned. Bloom glared at it once more before taking one from the bowl carefully. From somewhere near her, she could hear a child's voice say, "You took a piece of candy."

Another fairy had entered the room, suspecting the missing presence of both fairies. "What are the both of you doing here?" Tecna asked, baffled. "The rest of the group has been waiting for you."

"Ah, just taking some candy," Bloom answered. "Would you like one?"

The girl was skeptical about the mentioned sweet as she approached the bowl. "I'm uncertain if this is safe, but I guess I'll take one."