Chapter 14 ♡ Puzzles, Puzzles Everywhere, Part 2

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
PUZZLES, PUZZLES EVERYWHERE, PART TWO

It hadn't occured to Stella that the path had stopped to a certain light patch, making it seem like a trap. The blonde had been too excited to resume their mission. Now, where did she end up?

Into a bunch of red leaves.

"I told you to watch out, Stella," Tecna scoffed, shaking her head. "Must you really be impulsive?"

"Did it look like I knew that it was some kind of trap?!" The sun fairy shrieked. "Just help me get outta here!"

Creatively thinking as always, Musa's voice rang as she gave a suggestion. "Hey, check if there's any doors down there."

The blonde wanted to hiss. "Why would there be--!" Her exclamation was cut short when she immediately found one right next to her. "Oh, there's a doorway here."

She stood up and fixed herself, patting off the dust and leaves that stuck to her suit. I really should watch where I'm going... she thought to herself as she pluched some stems off. Disgusting. I ruined my suit, but it's better than a damaged designer dress.

At first, the fairy was confused as to where the doorway to take her for it stretched into a voidal darkness, but when she stepped inside and began to slide down, she figured she was going to die. "Aaaaaahhhhh!!!" She screamed whilst sliding, terrified for her life.

It stretched on and on, almost as if the slide was endless. Stella gave up screaming then, but after a horrifiying drop she had begun shrieking once more, using up more of her vocal box. Then she saw an opening, a light, an end--

And she landed her bottom on the cold, hard ground.

"Wow, Stella, your voice range is quite... astonishing," Musa commented. "Whatever you just went through must have been long, although not even ten minutes has passed."

The expression on her face seemed horrified. "What?! I thought it was endless..."

As the blonde tried to figure out how long the "endless" slide truly took, Aisha had begun making a bridge out of her morphix powers. "It's all set," she announced once finished. "My morphix is strong and flexible, so it's guaranteed not to let you guys fall."

Even if she trusted her friend, Stella was still hesitant to go on. "I'm--I'm still traumatized over what happened."

Her words made the brunette sigh and cross through the bridge first. She even jumped to show how durable the artifical bridge was. "Come on Stella, you have to cross now. Besides, it's strong. Trust me on this one."

Aisha's trustworthy courage filled Stella with the justice to move. It was only right considering the former fairy built it so that the latter won't fall again.

"...okay." Stella nodded, taking a step and walking through the path. "Hey, it isn't so bad."

The wave fairy chuckled. "See? I told you it's okay."

The rest of the girls followed suit after the blonde. After everyone has gotten over the matter, they came inside the next room together to find a small puzzle involving a rock, a ground button, and spikes. A note was plastered on the wall for them to read. Bloom was about to approach the note when she heard a ring in her phone. Almost hastily, she picked it up from her pocket.

"Hello?" Bloom greeted. "Who's this?"

A familiar motherly voice responded. "Greetings! It is I, Toriel."

"Ah! Tori!" Bloom chirped. "Hi!"

On the other side, Toriel had sighed in relief as she looked at the ingredients before her. "It is good you've answered, my child, for I've a question to ask. Would you mind telling the others as well?"