Chapter 07 ♡ To Mount Ebott

CHAPTER SEVEN
TO MOUNT EBOTT

Hiking up the mountain was not an easy challenge. Even after switching into proper hiking shoes, their legs still felt painful, straining from the long walk up the terrain. Once, Stella almost fell down and rolled down the mountain. Fortunately enough, Flora's instincts kicked in and she summoned a tree to bend for Stella just to catch her. The blonde's back was a little painful, but what was more important was that she's alive.

Since the incident, the girls decided to camp in the forest almost midway the high hill. Setting up tents while making a campfire, the Winx & Roxy surrounded the fire as they made dinner and s'mores. The sun was setting above them already, which confirmed that their stop was a good idea.

"I'm pretty sure that if we climb some more, we can reach the entrance somewhere over the mountain," Tecna hypothesized. "Then again, halfway a high mountain is pretty exhausting. It's a good idea we camp for the night."

Stella squinted her eyes at the pinkette. "You all only decided we camp because I simply tripped and rolled down the slope!" She exclaimed. "You're just bullying me."

"No, we're not," Flora interceded. "If we were bullying you, I wouldn't have saved you in the first place."

That made the blonde think, changing her opinion. She then huffs, "Sorry."

"I guess that moment went downhill for you." Musa joked. "Being a little trippy could actually turn out to be a rolling situation."

Bloom and Flora chuckle at the joke, while the others groan. Stella fumes, but tries to keep her calm. She's just being a tease, she reminded herself. This is completely normal.

A hint of smoke could be sensed. This alarmed the nature fairy, but knowing that it just came from the burned marshmallows on their sticks and the boiling soup in the small cauldron, she calmed down and told the others the marshmallows were roasted. "They're melting," she announced.

Taking the cauldron off the fire, Aisha began making bowls out of her morphix. The s'mores were ready as well, and they finished their preparations. It was finally time to eat. To them, it was like the first time they ate in a week.

"I just knew Flora is good at cooking!" Roxy commented. "How do you make these? Moreover, since when did you cook?"

Flora chuckled at the younger's enthusiasm. "I simply used some herbs I found on the way," she answered. "And I started cooking when I was fourteen."

"At least I'm not the only one anymore," Bloom said. "Now we have two cooks in the group!"

After having finished their food, the girls snuggled up in their sleeping bags and tents to rest for the night. "Good night, girls!" Bloom said in a soft voice. "Sleep well."

• • •

Running up the mountain. That's what Bloom thought she was doing. She then realized she was in a body of a small child in an age of nine, more or less. She felt tears flowing from her eyes, and a mixed feeling of betrayal, depression and longing for death.

An adult was chasing her, yelling, "-----! Come back here this instant!"

"I don't want to go back!" She screamed, but it was not her voice. Her voice was as high-pitched as the child's. "You are all awful! I hate you!"

Hate...? Bloom thought. I know Isabela sometimes disliked her own race, but hate is a much deeper word...