Chapter 06 ♡ Before Mount Ebott

CHAPTER SIX
BEFORE MOUNT EBOTT

"You can't defeat me, -----!" Exclaimed the bossmonster in front of her. "I am the God of Hyperdeath!"

What...? Thought Bloom. Where am I?

"I will still keep going!" She suddenly blurted out. "I will stay determined!"

A fight initiated, but she didn't fight back. The redhead merely dodged the many attacks the boss threw at her; shooting stars, chaos blasters, even the hyper goner couldn't kill her. She was too determined to die.

The boss frowned. "Why won't you die for me, -----?!"

An explosion followed, and...

Bloom awoke to a gasp. It was barely dawn and she had been awakened. The dripping sweat from her forehead was almost cold. She looked at the clock hanging by the wall. 5:12 AM.

"Just a dream," she sighed. "I better prepare."

The girl got up from her bed, and looked at her friends who were still asleep. Maybe they were having better dreams? Stella seemed satisfied from the smile on her face. She could be dreaming about boys, or the waiter from last night, or Brandon. Nonetheless, Bloom knew her friends were fine.

She was grateful the inn had a decent room for a group like them. Jenn had already gone home, and they didn't want to bother Grandfather anymore. They all decided to sleep in the town's inn, paying the room together. Now, here they are.

Bloom stepped into the small bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror. Her waist-long, flaming red hair was all over the place. She patted them down, then decided she'd rather fix it while showering. Laughing at her attempt softly, she took off her pyjamas and started the shower.

The cold water sprinkled from the head, drenching her hair until it was damp. She applied her shampoo and lathered it on her hair. As she did however, she remembered Sky. He must be worried now, she figured. We were suddenly gone without a notice. I even forgot to say goodbye.

The last time they were together, it was a small picnic by Lake Roccaluce. It was sunset that time, and she could remember their silly times, and when they laid down when the stars appeared, twinkling in the sky. She could remember Sky hugging her, stroking her hair...

He really is a sweet guy. Bloom smiled. I'm glad to have him.

About twenty minutes have already passed when she finished. It was just about dawn, and the girls, one by one, were waking up. Flora was first.

"Good morning," Bloom greeted with a smile. "How did you sleep?"

Flora yawned, and sat up. "I slept wonderfully," she replied, stretching her arms up. "I dreamed I was in a flower meadow with Helia."

"That sounds amazing." The redhead commented as she dried her hair. "I think it's time you should prepare for the hike too."

Hearing this, Stella's eyes opened. The blonde shot up from her position and asked, "What hike?"

"We're going up Mount Ebott," Bloom explained as she snapped her fingers, dressing her to her Action Suit. "We'll leave after breakfast."

Stella groaned, planting her face onto her pillow. "But I don't want to leave yet!" She retorted, voice muffled by the pillow. "I want to sleep."

Tecna, who had been awake as well, had the urge to pull Stella off the bed. "Come on, Stella," she groaned. "Sleeping in when you have a mission is irrational. Get up."