Paying off Debt

Chapter One: Paying off Debt

—-

"Kabuto-nii! Kabuto-nii! (big brother Kabuto)" a little girl only by the age of seven runs down the empty halls of the orphanage, her waist length black hair unkempt and unbrushed. She skids around a corner, her sock covered feet struggling to find purchase and she runs straight into the opposite wall with a small, "oof."

"Imouto, are you okay?" A young boy with stark white hair asks- sparkling amusement clear in his eyes.

"Hai!" The little girl exclaims, jumping back up from her fall, unfazed by what had just occurred. A small giggle escaping from between her lips.

"Nao-chan, how many times have I told you to not run inside the halls of the orphanage?" The boy asks, pushing up the black wire rimmed glasses that were slipping down his nose.

"Eito (umm)... this many times?" Nao says holding up eight little fingers. Kabuto, the boy shakes his head his amusement causes his lips to tilt up in an half smile.

"No little Nao-chan, I have told you many times- way more than just eight... but it seems like every time I tell you, it just goes in one ear and out the other," Kabuto lays a hand on top Nao's messy head of hair, "now come on Nao-chan, let me do your hair."

"Aww, I don't like it when you do my hair though, Kabuto-nii!" Nao wines.

"But when you do your own hair it looks like a nezumi no uchi (rat's home, or nest)," Kabuto says calmly oblivious to the halfhearted glare Nao was throwing his way.

"Iie (no) it does not!" Nao says shaking her head to and fro. Kabuto just laughs grabbing Nao's hand and dragging her to a nearby bathroom to tame his imouto's hair.

-

"Okay, now just calm down and breath in deeply," Kabuto instructs Nao. The orphanage that both kids live in is deep in debt- to help pay off their dues one of the nuns, Nonou- who is basically the mother of both Kabuto and Nao, works part time as a medical ninja. Both Kabuto and Nao volunteered their time to help. Kabuto had already been taught medical ninjutsu by Nonou and he was, in turn teaching Nao.

"Hai," Nao says- her usual hyperactive and happy personality switched for a serious and calm one. She concentrates, her brows furrowing. A minty green colored chakra covers her hands that were hovering over a half dead fish. Suddenly the fish starts to flop around- gasping for air, scaring the little girl. She lets out a small squeak falling back onto her butt.

"Kabuto-nii! Kabuto-nii! Did you see what I did? Did you!?" Nao exclaims, jumping up from her spot on the ground pointing to the flopping and dieing fish. Kabuto smiles ,'wow, little Nao-chan got the hang of medical ninjutsu faster than me!' Kabuto thought in suprise, proud.

"Good job Nao-chan! Okay, could you do it for me again? "

"Again? But I just did it- why would I need to do it again?" Nao asks, pouting slightly.

"Just to see if it wasn't a fluke," Kabuto replys looking down at Nao with an amused smile.

"Okay, but..... what is a fluke?" Nao looks up to Kabuto expectedly, who just shrugs in response.

-

"Okay Nao-chan, heal his leg for me while I bandage his arm," Kabuto instructs Nao. Both of them were heliping out as minor medical ninjas, the Fourth Great Shinobi war was greatly upon them and there are many injured Leaf Shinobi. The young children finished working on their patient and they move onto to the next one- A light skinned man with odd purple markings that trail down from his eyes, his eyes almost snake like...

"Nao-chan, give me some bandages," Kabuto says, Nao gives him a look and taps her left foot on the ground, her hand on her right hip, "please?" Kabuto adds after seeing Nao's expression.

"Hai!" Nao exclaims her few moments of seriousness gone as she digs through the bag of medical supplies. Their patient watches them curiously, his golden eyes glowing in amusement.

"Are you two medical ninja's?" Their patient questions, Kabuto nods as he wraps the man's arm carefully, "but aren't you two a bit young to be able to be medical ninjas?"

"Nao-chan and I have both been taught medical ninjutsu by Nonou, sure we are not as good as the legendary Tsunade, but we are good enough to offer some assistance, " Kabuto explains, finishing wrapping up the injury.

"Well thank you little ones, I hope to see you both again, I am Orochimaru. And what are your names?"

"My name is Nao!" Nao exclaims jumping up and down happily.

"Kabuto," Kabuto says calmly, the total opposite of Nao.

-

Kabuto, Nao, and all the rest of the orphans stands in front of the orphanage, a glum aura surrounding them all, they just received news that the orphanage was going to close down- unless some of the orphans would join the Root . The Root is an underground organization that the Hokage probably has no idea about. The Root needs spies and young orphan children are the ideal spies.

Kabuto quickly steps forward, Nao right behind him. Kabuto wanted to help the place that helped him so much, and Nao just wanted to stay with Kabuto. But either way both had their reasons for volunteering..

—-

End of chapter one! What do you think I may just come back and add more things or details into this later.... I am currently writing with my phone so it is alot harder to write than using a computer... but oh well...

How was this chapter? Great? Okay? So Awful that you want to hit me?

.

.

.

Okay let's hope that this chapter was not that bad... Please don't hit me!

Well anyways, thank you for reading!

word count- 991

***not edited***