Meeting the Rookie 9

Chapter Four: Meeting the Rookie 9

.

Both Kabuto and Nao stuck to Orochimaru's side since the faithful day that he had told them the Leaf's betrayal.  Years has passed by and Nao was now fifteen, her master and teacher- Orochimaru-sensei gave both Kabuto and Nao a new mission, to disguise themselves as Genin and to participate in the upcoming Chunin exams.

Though Nao knew she was way above genin level- more like Jonin, she still felt a little bubble of excitement, finally, finally she can participate in something that real ninjas compete in... she can act as if she was just another ordinary ninja, who does not work for and S-ranked Sanin....

"Come on Nao-chan," Kabuto interrupts Nao's thoughts, "hurry up and do your hair, we have to go.... the chunin exams are going to start soon." Nao gasps in realization and starts to furiously brushing her semi-long hair that reaches her lower back when down. Nao winces as she brushes through all of the knots that her usual silky strands of hair were in.

"About time, Nao-chan," Kabuto says, munching on an apple.

"Hey! It's not my fault that you didn't wake me up earlier," Nao yells over her shoulder as she runs to get her shoes on.

"... yeah, I woke you up almost an hour ago... that was not enough time to get ready?" Kabuto asks, a sarcastic hint to his words that were also laced with a bit of annoyance.

"Whatever."

-

"So what are we supposed to be doing, Kabuto-nii?" Nao asks, boredly swing her legs to and fro- she was too short to reach the floor from where she was sitting, which was just a table.

"Just wait, Nao-chan. The exams are going to start soon..." Kabuto answers not even looking up to her, too busy studying his ninja info cards....

"Are even sure that the Uchiha is even participating in the-" but before Nao could finish her sentence the only door of the room slams open, and in comes entering three genin. The middle one with dark black hair and onyx eyes to match is the target.

"Sasuke-kun!" A blonde girls squeals, jumping onto the Uchiha's back.

"Get off of him, Ino-pig!" The Uchiha's pink - haired teammate exclaims, pulling the blonde kunoichi off of him.

"Leave me alone, Billboard brow!"

Nao stays in the back of the room, giggling from behind her hands, oh the gennin are soo amusing! "Should we shut them up?" The young black haired spy asks, raising and eyebrow at her brother.

"We should, it seems as if they had already attracted too much attention already," Kabuto answers, glancing pointedly to all of the glares that the group of genin were receiving from the other tense genin whom were in the room first.

-

"Awe, Kabuto-nii! Look how cute these little new fesh out of the genin are!" Nao coos, walking out from between the throng of genin to the nine rookies from Konoha. Sasuke and the other genin glares at her.

"You know, that you guys should quiet it down," Kabuto says calmly, walking up to stand at Nao's side.

"Huh? Who are you guys!?"  A blonde asks curiously, black markings on either side of his cheeks that look almost like whiskers, with bright blue eyes.

"Hello, I am Nao and this is my bro, Kabuto," Nao says slinging an arm over Kabuto's shoulder. Kabuto makes a face and grabs Nao's arm and takes it off his shoulder.

"Well, I am Naruto, and this is Sakura-chan! "  the blonde boy introduces himself and a young pink- haired gennin, "and this is Sasuke-teme," Naruto points to the Uchiha who just watches Nao and Kabuto with a laid back and bored expression on his face.