The Plan

Chapter Two: The Plan

---

Kabuto and Nao were both quickly taught the ways of a ninja, Kabuto had no trouble and neither did Nao, until they were told to drop their emotions. Emotions did no good to spies, it causes too many mess ups- too many failed missions. Well, that is what Lord Danzo had told them.

"Leave your emotions behind?" asks a confused Nao, her big grey/blue eyes somehow getting bigger. She clutches onto Kabuto's hand who stood next to her- straight and tall, obviously scared of Lord Danzo's presence.

"Hmm... how do I explain it to a little one such as you?" Danzo asks hypothetically. Nao patiently waits for an answer which suprises Kabuto, knowing that she wasn't a patient one- if a someone had something that she wanted, and if that someone didn't give it to her in that minute then she would throw such a big tantrum that it would scare even Kami ***kami- a Japanese word for god... or paper... but in this case I used it for god...*** Though Nao was a sweat girl she did have her flaws- didn't everyone? I just hope she will grow out of her tantrum throwing phase Kabuto thought- not really paying attention to Danzo.

-

"Okay, your mission is to spy on Iwagakure- the village hidden in the stone. We have become to suspect that Iwa may be planning an invasion... remember do not fail this mission, you two are basically holding the fate of the whole Konohagakure," Danzo explains to both Nao and Kabuto,  both children have been in the root for about a year- Nao was eight years old and Kabuto twelve... though Nao may have been a bit too young to do the mission she had Kabuto.  Usually spy missions only consists of one person Danzo had let this be an exception- that and Nao had thrown a fit when she heard that she might have been separated from Kabuto.

"Hai Danzo-sama," Nao and Kabuto both say at the same time. Danzo lets a small smile slide onto his face.

"Then off you two go."

-

"Kabuto-nii,  are you sure we are heading in the right direction?" Nao asks for the millionth time in the last five minutes. The two siblings are both walking to Iwagakure, the plan is to use their age to their full advantage.

-

"See, I told you Nao-chan,  we are heading in the right direction," Kabuto says proudly, pointing to the gates of Iwagakure that was up ahead.

"Yeah, yeah, it just seemed like it took a whole lot longer than necessary,"  Nao grumbles- though she did not look like she changed, Nao changed alot under the year long care of the ROOT. She was alot level headed and more mature than most kids her age- sometimes out of the two of them Kabuto acted like the child- though he was four years her senior.

"Okay, come on- lets start with phase one of the plan; lost pet," Kabuto says and Nao nods, already knowing what to do.

-

Two Chunin were stationed at the gates, they were bored out of their mind. Who knew being Chunin could be so... so... boring?  When the two had taken the Chunin Exams they expected to be able to receive some wicked missions, not just some stupid sentry duty.

Two young kids come out of the woods one a little girl whose hair is tied black in a braid and another a young boy with silverly white hair and wire rimmed glasses. "Shiro? Shiro, where are you?" The young girl calls out her hands cupped around her mouth.

One of the Chunin stands up- wondering who the little kids are, his partner couldn't care less- he was sound asleep. "Hey you two! Who are you kids?"

"Hmm? Us? I am Akihiro and this is Hana," Kabuto says slinging an arm over Nao's shoulder. They walk over to the gate.

"I am looking for my inu ***inu- a Japanese word for dog*** but I cannot find it, " Nao asks looking up at the Chunin with her big blue eyes, close to tears.

"I... uh... do you need help finding it?" The Chunin asks helpfully.

"I dunno... Akihiro do you... do you think that little Shiro went into the village?" Nao asks looking up at Kabuto, her acting skills way better than most kids her age.

"Hmm... maybe," Kabuto says thoughtfully playing his part, "Could we go into the village and look for Shiro?"

The Chunin shakes in head, "I am sorry, if you come back with your parents then I could let you two in... but until then I cannot."

"B-but please sir, I really want to find Shiro, h-he m-might be hurt! Please!?" Nao asks looking up at him, tears coming from her big silverly blue eyes.

"I... uhh... I guess it couldn't hurt..." the bewildered Chunin says, scratching his cheek.

"Oh! Thank you!  Thank you! Thank you!" Nao exclaims,  giving the poor ninja a hug and running though the gates.

"Well, I really hope we can find that stupid Shiro... I just want to get home," Kabuto mutters, still playing his part as he walks past the two sentries- one asleep the other wide awake.

-

"Hana really? That is my code name?" Nao asks, leaning lazily against a rock.

"Yeah, I think flower fits you better than your real name," Kabuto says calmly oblivious to the halfhearted glare Nao was throwing his way.

"Hmmph, at least I am not named after a helmet," Nao retorts, laughing slightly.

"Hey! I just happen to like my name, thank you very much."

"Yeah... and what about code names? Why does yours get to be something cool? Bright prince.... all I get is Flower," Nao says, muttering the last sentence.

"That is 'cause I am just that awesome," Kabuto says pushing Nao gently.

"Mmmhmm, yeah whatever... Anyway,  what is the next step of the plan?"

-

Yeah... hmm I think this is good enough for a chapter... though, do you think I am moving too fast? I just really want to reach the part were the actual episodes are... but in order to get to all the fun stuff I need to do the boring but mandatory introductions first... ooh! I cannot wait for Orochimaru to come in...

.

.

.

Yeah, I know I was just rambling... I have no life... hey if you readers want please message me! We could just talk about some random stuff...

.

.

.

Yeah, I'll just stop talking...

.

.

.

Vote & Comment!

word count- 1109

***not edited***