She Never Knew

Chapter Nine: She Never Knew

"You can do it, Naruto-kun!" Nao yells out, here she was standing at the spectator's stand, hands cupped around her mouth while cheering for her friend... though he is at a huge disadvantage.

"Hehe, the Hyuga is certain to win," chuckles a spectators from behind Nao.

"Yeah, this Uzumaki kid will not stand a chance against such a prodigy of the Hyuga clan," comments another.

"I am glad that I bet my money on the Hyuga."

The comments went on and on, until Nao could not take it anymore and turned around, pointing an accusing finger at the men, "I bet you three guys that Uzumaki Naruto will win this match."

"Hmm? Is this so, huh?" One of the men asks, he was a burly man with brown shaggy hair and a scar across his cheek.

"Yes, I bet you one hundred ryo," Nao says, determination in her eyes.

"Huh, so sure that the Uzumaki will win huh? Fine then, I also bet one hundred."

"I'll put in one hundred too."

"Me too."

"Hmmph, you guys will regret betting against my Naruto-kun," Nao says turning around to watch the match.

Nao watches, a small feeling of doubt worming it's way into her stomach when she spots the condition Naruto was in. He had all of his chakra points disabled and he should not be able to stand at the moment. But there he is, the stubborn idiot, wobbling on his feet. Determined to become a chunin.

"Haha, yes! Beat that! Woot, woot! Good job, Naruto-kun!" Nao yells out, jumping up and down in excitement. Naruto had just beaten Neji, suprising everyone- even Nao whom was expecting to walk home a hundred ryo less...

"Haha, pay up!"

-

Nao sighs as she stares up at the feathers that were floating done from the sky, the Temple of Nirvana Technique... so it seems as if the plan has finally started... she thought, with a slight feeling of guilt. Nao does the correct handsigns, easily releasing the genjutsu off of her.

Spotting Kabuto, Nao makes her way over to him. "Kabuto-nii, what was my part of the plan again...?"

Kabuto sighs, head in hands while shaking his head in mock disappointment, "Nao-chan,  how could you forget what you are supposed to do...? You have the most crucial but easiest part of the plan.... "

"Huh...? Oh, yeah... Now I remember... I am supposed to help the sound four with the barrier..." Nao says, remembering. The young spy then jumps to the rooftop that her master is currently at. Nodding at the sound four they did the correct handsigns simultaneously.

A purple pentagon erects itself ontop the roof, blocking anyone who would like to interfere with the battle that went on inside.

Nao watches the battle between teacher and student.... sad and guilty... she strove for peace... but in reality would killing the third hokage of Konoha help create peace?

Nao doesn't know anymore... Orochimaru has always told her, that he too strove for peace... but lately the young spy was not too sure...

-

"Eh, Nao-chan you haven't eaten any of your dinner,  daijobuka? (Are you alright...?)" Kabuto asks, looking up from his food to study the young girl beside him.

Nao doesn't answer, just simply sighs and pokes her food using her chopsticks.

"Nao-chan...?" Kabuto asks, worried.

The invasion of Konoha had ended off with results that Orochimaru had not really expected... he wanted to completely destroy Konoha, but all he really succeeded in doing was annihilating the thrid and losing movement in his arms...

But with the help of the reanimation jutsu Orochimaru should be fine... thing was, the boy that's to be his new vessel has not arrived yet...

"... Kabuto-nii....? Are you sure we are on the right side....?" Nao finally asks, staring down at her food, sounding uncertain and scared.

"Huh..? The right side of what...?" Kabuto asks, not really understanding the question.

"I feel like... like fighting with Orochimaru and everyone else is not reallu creating peace but is destroying it," Nao looks up from her food, "when I was in the village with Naruto-kun, it seemed so peaceful, so happy... like it did not even need to help make it peaceful..."

Nao looks back down at her food, "The peace was all because of the third hokage, b-but we killed him, we murdered him, how does that even create peace..!?"

Kabuto doesn't respond- not knowing what to even say...

"... I-i don't believe Orochimaru really strives for peace, does he...? He is just another selfish yet powerful teme (teme a japanese word for bastard)" Nao doesn't look up, not realizing the tears that slipped down her cheeks...

"Hmmm...? Is that what you really think, Nao-chan...?" A familiar silky voice asks from behind her. Nao jumps around and spots Orochimaru he was leaning against the door frame, beads of sweat budding on his forhead, because of his injuries from the battle Orochimaru was in a lot of pain.

'But wait, the Uchiha has not arrived- that means that he must have given up for now and decided to train the boy first...'

"Nao-chan, it is time that I tell you about something... something important," Orochimaru says extracting Nao from her thoughts.

"Huh, hai!"

-

"N-nani!?(what!?)" Nao asks, staring at Ororchimaru in shock of what she was told...

She never knew she was of shinobi clan blood, let alone a mixture of Konoha's finest shinobi clans, the Uchiha and another well known clan... the Hyuga.

While her mother was an Uchiha and her father being a Hyuga.

She never knew that that was the reason why she was an orphan... because the two clans couldn't decide who's clan she really belonged in...

She never knew that there was a possibility that she could obtain either of the clan's prized eye jutsu... the sharigan or byakugan...

But the reason why she never knew was because Ororchimaru withheld the information from her....

Nao was staring in shock at her hands, but slowly she lifts her head to glare at Orochimaru, "All this time you knew who I was, who I truly was yet you never told me!?"

"No, I am deeply sorry, Nao-chan... but I never knew until I discovered some files in Konoha..." Orochimaru says calmly, unfazed with Nao's glare.

".... oh," was all Nao could say to respond...

"But... to look on the bright side, Nao-chan... I could discover a way to help strengthen your eyes... just to see if you inherited any of your parent's jutsus..."

"Really!? You could do that, Orochimaru-sensei?" Nao exclaims happily, forgetting why she was mad at him earlier.

Orochimaru turns his back on Nao as he walks out of the room, a snake-like smirk plays across his mouth, "hehehe, it looks like in the end I still end up with your little girl, Nori Uchiha..." Orochimaru thought victoriously in his mind, joyous of how easily he was able to lie to the naive girl...

-

Gomen ' nasai gozaimasu for not updating for awhile... but it seems as if there is something wrong with the story, I got some complaints that some people cannot see it... I dunno if it works now or not... but, yeah... I think it is just the app version...

Anyways, kukuku~ Orochimaru-sensei it is not good to lie to hopeful little girls ya know... And if you guys don't remember Nori Uchiha is the woman from the prologue that Ororchimaru murdered...

How about a couple comments and maybe ten votes till I update again...?