Southern Hideout

Chapter Thirteen: Southern Hideout

-

"Orochimaru-sensei, which hideout are we going to go to again?" Nao asks, leaping from the thick tree branch onto another, easily doing a flip midflight, already used to the lack of eyesight.

"To the southern hideout, I have some research to do there," Orochimaru responds, easily leaping after Nao, but in a much more... regal fashion.

"You know, that is what the Edo-senin (pervy sage) says when he acts like a peeping tom," Nao says casually.

"Do not compare me to such a baka, Nao-chan."

Sasuke and Kabuto watches the conversation between the two silently, they both flank Orochimaru, also leaping across the trees like normal ninja.

Nao giggles and leaps, arms wide as if she was flying. She quickly grabs a nearby branch and swings herself to another, almost like a monkey.

Kabuto smirks in pride, though Nao had lost one of her most important senses she had not let it get to her and worked hard to be able to do everything that she used to be able to do.

He breifly wondered how she was able to tell where exactly the trees were, but then remembered about the time Nao had explained to him that all living things has chakra- even if it was the tiniest bit...

-

Nao yawns and stretches, "Finally we are here! Kabuto-nii, I am hungry!"

Kabuto smiles, digging through a bag, taking out a candy bar, "Hai dozo! (here you go)," Nao smiles and gobbles up the chocolate.

Orochimaru watches the three, Nao happily chomping on candy, Kabuto looking through his bags, and Sasuke slowly eating a energy bar.

"I have a mission for you three," The snake sannin says, his golden eyes almost seems to glow, "there is a man that managed to excape my prison."

"Ooh! Yay, we get to do a missi-"

"No, not you, Nao-chan... I need your assistance on something, Karin will go with them," Nao pouts, slumping.

Karin, a girl with bright red hair and eyes to match steps up from behind Orochimaru, a scowl across her face as she eyes both Nao and Kabuto... she never did like how close those two were to Orochimaru.

She then spots Sasuke who stood a little ways off of Nao and Kabuto, his arms crossed on his chest, a scowl in place.

"You know what to do, Karin... Come on Nao-chan, we have places to be," Orochimaru says, Nao sighs slowly following after the snake sannin.

-

"Orochimaru-sensei, are you sure they are going to be fine?" Nao asks Orochimaru curiously, she was seated on a bed, her feet dangling and swinging to and fro.

"Of course Nao-chan, you know Karin's abilities, she should be able to easily find the runaway," Orochimaru says, his back turned to the former spy, tampering with a vile of blood.

"What will happen to the man, Sensei?" Nao asks.

"He will be killed."

Nao gasps in horror, "But Sensei!"

"Oh, no, no, no, Nao-chan... you see he is a danger to society, if he is to be set free he would ruin the peace that we strive so hard to make," Orochimaru says, turning around a syringe filled with blood in hand.

"he... he would?"

"Hai, it's a grave decision we have to make indeed... but it's for the good of the world." Orochimaru says, smirking.