epilogue

Louis pulled up in front of the church as he tried his hardest not to cry, but a few tears went down his pale cheeks anyways. He let himself just sit in the parking lot for a few moments so he could get himself together before he exited the car. He looked up at the church, wondering where he had gone wrong. 

The image still haunted him, every time he closed his eyes, Eleanor's lifeless face was there. Her lips turning blue, her face pale, everything that Louis loved about her fading away in that single moment. He remembered his scream clearly, the sound of Harry's pounding feet running up the stairs even though he was still pissed at Louis. 

Everything thing to have fallen apart in that moment, the girl that both boys loved, gone in an instant. Nobody had known how bad everything was with Eleanor, she had always kept a smile on her beautiful face, day after day. 

Louis snapped out of his thoughts, putting his gaze to the ground as he walked into the church. Everything went quiet as soon as everyone saw him. Eleanor's mother ran over to him, hugging him as tightly as she could. Louis almost gagged on the amount of perfume she was wearing. For christ's sake, it was a funeral, who the hell wears perfume to a funeral?

"Oh, Louis! It's so good that you could make it, Ellie would have loved it," Eleanor's mother said. Louis tried his hardest not to roll his eyes when she had called Eleanor, Ellie. Eleanor had told him himself that she hated that nickname, absolutely despised it. 

Louis just wanted to rewind everything, back to the very beginning. Where everything was so much simpler, and he and Eleanor didn't fight or that the fans didn't care about their relationship. Either way, he knew this was meant to happen. It was fate after all. If it hadn't been the fans to push Eleanor over the edge, he knew it was himself and Harry. Harry's feelings were too overwhelming for her, even Harry knew that. He knew that he shouldn't have told Eleanor, he should've kept his big, fat mouth shut. 

After a few moments of conversation with Eleanor's parents, and her ungrateful sisters who were already all over Louis, and wearing Eleanor's clothes. Eleanor was always the only decent one in her family, and Louis liked that she was different from everyone else. Everyone had always thought Eleanor was after Louis' money, but Louis trusted her and over time he knew that she too, loved him like he loved her. They fit like two pieces of a puzzle. 

Louis walked up to the casket at the front of the room, surrounded by hundreds of flowers, Harry was already standing in front of it, his head bowed, his curly hair covering his eyes. Judging by the soft sniffles coming from him, he was trying not to cry in front of everyone. Louis awkwardly put his hand on Harry's shoulder, trying to comfort his friend. Thing's were still not the same between the two, but they would always be friends, they knew it. 

Louis looked down at the opening of the casket where Eleanor lay peacefully. She's just sleeping, she'll wake up soon. He kept telling himself, not wanting to accept the fact that she was, indeed, gone. Yet, deep down he knew she was gone, never to come back, not just going to walk through the door at any moment, just gone. No explanation, no nothing. 

He just wanted to lay down beside her, to end it all but something was stopping him. He wanted to, but he knew he didn't need too. He knew Eleanor was safe wherever she was at the moment. He wanted to be next to her though, to hold her until she came back, oh how much he wanted to do that. But he couldn't, not anymore. 

 As Harry wiped his eyes, he looked at Louis, "I am actually really, really sorry 'bout what I did Lou," He said, looking back at Eleanor. Louis just ignored him, taking Eleanor's cold hand in his own. "Alright, just ignore me then. . ." Harry sighed, watching Louis take Eleanor's hand wanting too as well but he knew he shouldn't. He wouldn't. It would only break Louis' and his friendship even more than it already was. Harry wanted to believe that Eleanor was still there, inside her body somewhere, that she would just jump up at any given moment surprising both Louis and him. Act as if the whole thing was a joke, that's something Eleanor would do, Harry was sure of it.