Winner #3! - @alysxa

Louis POV

-

I turned the TV off and walked into the kitchen running my fingers through my hair. 

Where is she?

A million things ran through my head. She should be home by now. I saw the pile of mail sitting on the table so I sat down and started rummaging through it for a while before the phone rang. I sighed and walked over to the phone hanging on the wall. 

"Hello?"

"Lou?" The female voice said.

"Um, yeah," I replied

"It's Deborah, Eleanor's mom."

"Oh, what's up?"

"Um, Louis, you should probably get down here. It's El," Her voice sounded weak. 

I grabbed my jacket from the back of the chair and pulled the keys out of the pocket, "Down where? Is she okay? What happened?"

She was quiet for a minute and let out a deep breath, "The hospital, there's been an accident. It's pretty bad."

I felt a tear roll down my cheek. "I'm on my way." 

"Room 309. See you soon."

I put the phone back on the hook and walked out the house, not bothering to lock the door. 

--

I rushed into the elevator. Checked the quide outside the door and pushed the button for floor 3 when I got in. The ride up, seemed like years and when the doors finally opened I ran down the hallways until I found room 309. The door was slightly cracked, I pushed it open a bit, peeking my head inside. I saw Eleanor's mom sitting on the chair next too the bed. It wasn't until after I walked all the way into the room I saw the love of my life laying on the white sheets. 

Her hair was sprawled out behind her, she was pale and her eyelids were blueish. Her skinny pink lips were cracked and bleeding, there was a gash on her cheek, and bandages on her arms. Eleanor was hooked up to and IV and there were beeping machines all around her. 

I was speechless. I just stood by the doorway staring at El, tears streaming down my face. Deborah stood up and led me into the hallway. Her blotchy eyes looked at me and she said, "It's not looking good." 

I wiped away a tear and asked, "What happened?" 

She sighed and looked up from the floor "An accident. She was stopped at the light and a car hit her from behind. Her car rolled and hit a truck that was crossing. They don't know if she's gona make it." 

I wasn't super close to Eleanor's mom, but I needed a hug and she looked like she could use one as well. So I grabbed her and pulled her into my chest, "She'll be okay. I'm sure of it."

We walked back into the room where Eleanor was slowly waking up. I sat down next to her as her mom stood in the doorway. I grabbed her hand, even with the cuts and bruises, it was the same hand that I loved holding. So small and gentle.

"Lou?" She spoke up. 

"Yes, love? I'm here."

She smiled, her eyes not open all the way. "Do you remember that night we went out to the beach?" 

A tear fell onto my lap. The night was not to far behind us, but it felt like forever ago. I nodded, "I'll never forget it."I looked down at her finger and twirled the ring around it. 

Eleanor was quiet for for a few minutes and then she said, "What'll we name our kids?"

I looked up from the floor, meeting her gaze." What do you mean?"