One Shot #5 - @irwinslaugh_is_payne

After I managed to escape from Harry's fists I saw my Eleanor was gone. I ran from the kitchen and down the narrow spinning hallway. The light from the bathroom seeped out if the cracks and into the hallway. I reached the door and grabbed the knob.

I went to turn the knob but it was locked. I tried the knob again but it still wouldn't open. "El? Babe open the door." There was no response. I knocked on the door. "Eleanor? Please I forgive you okay?" Silence. "Eleanor! Open the bloody door!" I hit my fist against the wood. Still nothing.

I held my hand against the knob and ran my shoulder repeatedly into the door until it finally opened. The light from the bathroom blinded me until I saw red.

"Eleanor!" The blood was still oozing from her slit wrists, staining the white carpet beneath her. I dropped to my knees and threw the blade away from her finger tips. I pulled her into my lap.

"Why El? Why?" I said, my voice shaken. Slowly her eyes opened and her mouth moved.

"I needed to escape." She let out.

"Escape from what? El please don't leave me! Harry call the damn ambulance!" I yelled at the frozen paled boy in the doorway. He stood for a second until he disappeared from my view.

I looked down at my Eleanor. She was pale. "Eleanor don't die damn it! I love you!" I pulled her closer to me and rocked back and forth.

"Louis, I have to go." I shook my head.

"No! I can't let you die here! Harry hurry!" I brushed hair out of my lifeless Eleanor's beautiful, pale face.

Slowly her hand raised to my cheek, blood sliding down her arm and onto my cheek and neck, staining me shirt. "Louis look at me," she breathed. "I love you, but find someone who is worth your love." She kissed my lips one last time before the life left her eyes and he hand dropped from my blood covered cheek.

Harry ran down the hall and stopped at the door way, only to find me sliding the engagement ring I bought for my beloved Eleanor, onto her finger. "I love you." I whispered before I fell into a fit of tears and I held my Eleanor tight in my chest.

I held her until the paramedics pried her from my arms.

«»«»«»«»«»«»

11:52 p.m.

The time I imprinted into my brain forever.

That was when they announced my Eleanor dead. I walked into the morgue before they would cut her open to find more damage to my Eleanor. I did this to her. I never caught the signs or saw the scars. She hid that from me.

I wish I had known. She was my one and only. I kissed her cold pale forehead before I left.

»«»«»«»«»«»«

I stood in front of the mirror in Eleanor's bathroom. I glanced down at my hands, which were gripping the sink so tight my knuckles were white. Then I looked at the boy in the mirror. That boy wasn't me, this boy had red puffy eyes from crying, purple bags on his pale skin beneath his eyes, and chapped swollen lips from constant biting. "Why El?" My bottom lip quivered. I looked at the clock on my phone, 11:52. It was time.

I released the sink and opened the medicine cabinet. I grabbed the first type of pain killers and closed the cabinet. I looked at the bottle and then the mirror.

"Why Eleanor? Why like this?" I waited, as if my precious Eleanor would walk through th door and tell me to drop the pills and tell me how much she loved me, but it wasn't going to happen. I sighed as the tears came. I didn't stop them either.

I glanced at the broken boy in the mirror and popped off the cap to the pills.

Without hesitation I dumped them all into my hand. I played with the pills in my hand. "I love you Eleanor Cadler, and I always will." I raised my hand full of the white ovals. "This is for you." I shrugged my shoulders as I threw my head back and shoved the pills into my mouth. I swallowed the pills and quickly dropped to my knees. I was determined to find the razor I threw away from Eleanor as I held her dying body in my arms.