Prologue

"Mirel...you're here!" Emma said opening the door to her apartment.

"Hi...sis. It's been a while...how are you?" I said as I carried in my bags and set them on the floor before giving her a hug.

"I'm so glad you're here!" she said as she returned the hug, closing the door behind Mirel.

"Oh wait...one more thing." I said as I walked out to the hall and picked up my guitar case.

"So now you own a guitar?" Emma asked surprised.

"Well not everyone can be a little brain like you. Some of us have to resort to the arts. Besides, the piano is too heavy to bring along." I smiled as I brought in my guitar case.

"Are you hungry?" Emma asked.

"No...not really..." I said as I looked around. "I can't believe you've been here for two years and I've never visited you."

"Well I'm glad you're here now!"

"Yeah...it'll be a nice change. After what happened with Nick...I just needed to get away..."

"How are you doing with that?"

"It's been hard Emma...but what about you? How are things at work?" I said trying to change the subject.

"Work is good...the pay is great. I've been able to pay most of my school working there so I can't complain."

"So do you take night classes?"

"Yes...but it's worth it Mirel...becoming a doctor is all I've ever wanted..."

"I'm so proud of you...Emma...I can't even imagine how much harder it has to be for you...that field is so male dominant... but anybody who doesn't see how smart you are is just an idiot." I smiled. "Just look at this place!" pointing to the filled bookcases. "You're a bookworm!" I said skimming through her books. Half of her stash were text books and the other were novels.

"You should pick up a book once in a while, you know." she laughed.

"I guess I don't even have to go to the library for that." I smiled.

"Just take your pick."

Emma was my twin sister. She had moved to England after graduating and had gotten into The London Hospital Medical College. She was a smart cookie...always had been. Ever since we were little she excelled in math and science. I, on the other hand, had always been more involved in the arts.. I learned to play the piano in our living room while Emma worked on algebra problems. I strummed on my dad's guitar while Emma enjoyed sciene projects. She loved chemistry sets; I loved paint sets. She loved to read; I loved to write. She joined the science club; I joined the dance club. We couldn't be more different if we tried...but somehow it worked. We got along wonderfully despite our different interests. I suppose we complimented each other.

Emma and I would be taking a one week vacation to Spain before I settled in England. She had asked me to come stay with her after a disasterous fallout with my ex-fiancé. We were scheduled to be married last month, but the bastard called off the wedding two weeks before the set date, simply saying "It isn't you Mirel, it's me." Mom and Dad thought it would be beneficial for me to come and stay with Emma for a while...you know, to start new...clear my mind...move on...heal...

I jumped at the idea when it presented itself. The last thing I needed was to stay in Los Angeles. Everything reminded me of Nick. Here in London, everything was new...different...and that was exactly what I needed.