Chapter 15

I tried to fight the urge to kiss John back, but the fervor behind his kiss was something I had never felt before and I let myself get drawn into the moment.  I felt myself responding to John’s kiss; I ran my fingers through his hair until I reached his neck. I gently caressed his nape and as if on cue, John reacted. His hands moved to my hips and I involuntarily pressed my body against his. I could feel John's kisses become more urgent and his hands tightened on my hips. John broke the kiss just long enough to pick me up and walk us over to the couch. He put me down and looked at me. 

"You're beautiful." he said as he climbed on top of me and kissed me passionately. I could feel John was already hard as he pressed himself against me. He began kissing my neck as his hands started to roam my body. 

"Emma..." John exhaled.

That one word brought me back to reality. I was enjoying every minute of what was happening between John and I, but I couldn't let this go any further. John had the idea that I was Emma and as much as I had let this go on, I couldn't make love to John with him thinking I was my sister. This was where I drew the line.

"John..." I said. It was meant to catch his attention so he'd stop what he was doing, but instead it sounded more like a moan, which urged John even more. I felt his mouth on my collar bone and slowly start heading south. 

I decided I either stopped him now or I wasn't going to be able to stop myself. 

"John...we need to slow down...please." I said breathing hard. 

"Shhh..." he said as he wandered lower, this time kissing in between my breasts. 

"No...we need to stop John. Please." I repeated as I took my hand and gently tried to push John away. 

My efforts in pushing John off me were met with some reluctance and although John did not climb off me, he did stop what he was doing. He turned his head to the side and rested it on my chest. I stroked his hair gently as we both tried to regain our composure. We laid there for some time until John finally moved. He shifted his weight and managed to push himself off, ending up at the other end of the couch. I pulled myself into a sitting position and I could feel myself blushing.

"I knew you felt something." John smiled. "And this just confirmed it." 

I couldn't bare to look at John. I put my hands over my face and started shaking my head side to side. I heard a faint chuckle from John before I felt his hands take hold of mine and move them away from my face. 

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about, luv." He said sweetly. 

"John...this should never have happened." I said meekly. 

"Emma...I feel something for you and I know you do for me...it was only natural for this to have happened." 

"No...you're married and I'm..." I said trailing off. 

I wanted to tell John that I wasn't Emma...but I just couldn't. I was afraid of what he'd do or say. What he'd think of me for having lied to him. 

"What I have with Cynthia...that's hardly a marriage."

"It doesn't matter...she's still your wife." I said starting to get a little panicky. I ran my hands through my hair, the first sign that I was starting to get anxious. 

"Hey...look at me..." John said taking hold of my hands now. His voice was firm, but gentle at the same time. 

"Emma...I'll handle Cynthia okay? Now that I know I'm not the only one who has these feelings, I'll take the necessary steps to take care of this."