Epilogue

As the cab drove me to the train station I began thinking of my relationship with John. I couldn't bare the thought of leaving London without saying goodbye. I needed to try one last time...needed to try and get him to listen to me...and if after listening to me he still didn't want anything to do with me, then I'd leave and never look back.

"Change of plans...EMI Studios, please." I leaned forward and told the cab driver.

When I arrived to EMI there was the typical crowd of girls surrounding the entrance. I paid the cab driver and walked across the street to wait on the same bus bench I had waited on countless times before. The afternoon was getting cloudy and it looked like a storm would be heading our way soon. I waited and as the first drops of rain started to hit the pavement, the group of fans dismembered and the entrance was left in the clear. I hadn't brought an umbrella with me so I walked over to the entrance of the building behind me, which had a small covering, and waited there. Hours passed and still no sign of life from the studio. I didn't even know whether John had even come to record today, but I needed to do this before leaving tonight. About three hours after I had first arrived and with the rain pouring down on the streets of London, I saw John's black Rolls Royce pull up to the studio. I stood up and could feel butterflies in my stomach as I waited to see if John was coming or leaving the studio. When a few minutes passed and still no sign of John, I figured John was getting picked up by Arthur so I focused on the door to the studio.

A few minutes later, a tall slender figure emerged from the studio and I immediately recognized him as John. I called out to him, but with the distance and the pouring rain, my voice wasn't carrying over.

I ran into the street and felt the rain come down on me hard. I saw John struggling as he closed the umbrella and started getting into the car; I got near enough so he could hear me.

"John!" I called out to him.

He turned around to face me and looked surpised to see me.

"Mirel." John said

He had abandoned the umbrella and the rain was now pouring down on both of us.

"John...I know you don't want to talk to me...but please listen. This is me...this is Mirel...I'm not a doctor...I graduated from San Francisco State University with a degree in Art and Music..I've never gone to medical school...I don't save people's lives. I play piano and guitar...I like to paint and write...I don't read much...I don't like the cold and I prefer a glass of wine over a cup of coffee any day. I dated a man for 7 years who broke up with me days before our wedding...I based my entire future on being his wife and now I don't know where I'm going with my life..." I said as I moved my wet hair away from my face. "I pretended to be my twin sister in order to help her keep her job to pay for the rest of her schooling...and during the process...I fell in love with you...John...I may have lied to you about being a doctor and pretending to be my sister, but I never lied about my feelings for you...what you saw on the tour and in Spain...what we lived during that time...that was real. The love I feel for you...that's not a lie...that's the truth. I know I made a mistake in not telling you the truth from the beginning...I know that and I am so sorry...I never meant to hurt you. I never meant to have all of this turn into such a...mess." I finished.

I wiped at my face to try and clear the rain from my eyes.. I saw John standing in front of me, getting drenched from the rain, but he didn't say anything.

After a few moments of silence from John's part, I felt my heart sink. I sighed in defeat. "That's all I came to say. I'm just...gonna go now." I said as I felt my tears combine with the rain that was streaming down my cheeks. I turned away from John and started walking across the street towards my belongings. I had done what I had come to do and it broke my heart to know that it had not had the effect I had wished and prayed for. John was never going to forgive me and I was going to have to learn to live with the fact that I had made the biggest mistake of my life.

I reached the building entrance where I had left my things and leaned over to grab my guitar case, but as I did, a hand stopped me. I turned around only to see John standing behind me.

"And where do you think you're going?" He asked.

"I don't know...away from here." I replied.

"No Mirel..." John responded as he pushed my wet hair out of my face. "You're staying right here...with me."

And there in the middle of the rainy London streets, John leaned in, and for the first time kissed me...not Emma... but me.

The End.