FIVE

"A BALL?"An actual ball?" Octavia whispered to Hermione, he had her own look of confusion across her face.

The champions had just completed their first task with bloody dragons and now a ball? Octavia was already stressed about helping Harry, now she has to worry about a dance, dress and date? The three Ds of her doom. Fan-bloody-tastic.

"Apparently" she whispered back.

"The Yule Ball is a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament. It is a formal dance held on Christmas night of a tournament year." McGonagall started explaining to her house, all the students eagerly listening while whispers broke out across the room.

"Silence!" She sternly corrected them, "I will not have the house of Godric Gryffindor be disgraced like this!"

Silence fell across the room, just as she had hoped.

"Mr. Weasley come," She motioned for him to stand and join her.

Harry, Hermione and Octavia all laughed as he was forced to dance with their head of house. Then they were told to partner up and begin. Harry motioned Octavia over and she took his arm. Much to the disappointment to the three boys behind her.

Harry looked delighted that Octavia decided to join him. He was a truly rubbish dancer, she couldn't help but laugh as the music began.

"Im horrible aren't I?" Harry laughed nervously.

"Honestly, yes." She nodded as he stepped on her feet. Octavia was a fairly good dancer, at Ilvermorny you are taught in your first year for fancy Galas they were required to attend.

Harry and Octavia laughed their way through the rest of the dance, it probably looked horrible but they had fun nonetheless.

"It's been a pleasure." Octavia curtsied laughing, then running off to find Hermione.

»»-------------¤-------------««

Hermione had started talking to Harry again but Ron was a little shaky still, but almost back to normal. As much fun as this ball was going to be everyone had to face a while new problem. A date.

Octavia had a feeling Cedric wanted to ask her, but whenever they could make an attempt to talk Hermione would pull her away. Cedric was really cute, if only she could get a chance to talk to him, without being dragged off. People were beginning to pair up for the ball and some of the boys were becoming worried. Octavia honestly couldn't care less about having a date. The trio and Octavia were sitting together while discussing the ball, Harry and Ron were stressing about their dates with Fred and George.

"Why, Hermione you're a girl." Ron said blatantly turning to her.

"Well spotted." She replied not looking up, but sensing trouble.

Ron made the dancing motion his brothers just taught him before being slapped across the head by Snape. Octavia suppressed her laugh as he rubbed his head.

"Well it's one thing for a bloke to show up alone, but for a girl it's just sad."

Hermione was fuming after that statement, "I won't be going alone! Because believe it or not someone's asked me!" She stomped up to hand in her paper, Harry just sat there looking confused.

"And I said yes!" She snapped before running out of the Great Hall.

"Way to go Ron!" Octavia smacked the side of his head, making Harry laugh. Octavia shot Ron a final glare before running after her.

"Hermione wait!" Octavia called after her, she turned around a tear running down her face. Octavia was never really good at girl talk or comforting people, but she gave it her best shot.

"Don't listen to him, he missed his chance." She consoled, "He's just jealous."

"You're right" Hermione wiped her tears.

"Let's get to class."

They ran to Charms and made it just in time. Taking their seats, Harry looked at her.

"Is she alright?" he mouthed with a concerned expression.

Octavia nodded, and Harry smiled.

"Miss Clarke, perhaps detention will teach you pay attention in my class?"

Octavia turned around with groan, "What time?" She said rolling her eyes.

"Wait, Professor I was talking too, I should get a detention." Harry said a little too eagerly.

"Mr. Potter I didn't see you do anything, I cannot just give you detention for no reason"

Just as the professor was finishing his sentence, Harry put a small jinx on Ron.

"Blimey Harry what was that for!" Ron bumbled, groaning and sending him a glare.

"Fine Mr Potter, if you so please detention for both of you 7 o'clock"

"Yes Professor." Harry said sitting down, looking proud of himself.

Octavia rolled her eyes as the green eyed boy sent her a grin.

»»-------------¤-------------««

Octavia was already late to detention so at this point why bother running to get there. She was walking down the corridors thinking to herself when she bumped into a tall figure.

"Oh, sorry" She mumbled, not looking up.

"It's alright."

She looked up to see who was talking.

"Cedric" Octavia paused, seeing his brown eyes staring down at her.

"Octavia." he said mimicking her tone, making the girls cheeks tinge pink.

"No Hermione to whisk you away from me at this hour?"

"Oh," She looked down, slightly embarrassed,"Its not like that."

"Okay good, I was beginning to think you didn't like me." He laughed running his fingers through his hair, making Octavia's heart flutter as she watched.

"I never said I did..." She shrugged teasingly.

Cedric blushed with a small frown.

"Kidding."

"So-" Cedric began to speak again, a smile returning to his handsome face.

"Crap! I'm so late for detention!" Octavia started to run off, realizing her mistake. Granted she didn't exactly want to leave.

"Wait Octavia!" He called as she began to run down the corridor.

"Yes?" She stopped for a moment and turned around, hair flying across her face.

"Go to the ball with me?" He asked hopefully.

"I'll think about it!" Octavia winked and took off around the corner to detention, leaving him there with a large blush on his cheeks and his hands shoved nervously in his pockets.