SIXTEEN

THE WORLD AROUND her was bright. As soon as Octavia regained consciousness the light shone through her eyes brightly. She didn't know where she was, everything was bright and drained of color. The last thing Octavia remembered was grabbing Sirius's hand and Harry's screams. Where was she?

"Octavia" a voice came from above her.

"Sirius?" Octavia sat up, still rubbing her eyes from the light.

"No sweetie" Another voice came next to the first one.

Octavia slowly adjusted to the light and turned to face the voices. Kneeling in front of her were two faces she thought she would never see again. The warm brown eyes and light brown hair so similar to her own.

"Mum" Octavia smiled,"Dad!"

She crawled into their arms, tears began to fall down her face as Octavia hugged them tighter just to know they were actually there.

"What happened? How am I here?" Octavia wiped her tears.

"You fell through the veil" Her father answered.

"Chasing after me"

"Sirius!" Octavia got up and hugged him.

"You shouldn't have done that Octavia" He smiled sadly, shaking his head.

"You were the only family I had, I couldn't just let you die"

"That's very brave of you" A woman walked up behind Sirius.

"I can see why Harry likes you" A man came behind her.

"You're Lily and James aren't you?" Octavia asked.

"That would be us" Smiled James sliding his hand around Lily's waist.

A few moments past of Octavia registering everything.

"Not that this isn't amazing to see you all, but why am I here?"

"You died Octavia" Mum said simply, putting a hand on her shoulder.

Her Dad put a hand on her other.

"I'm dead" Octavia repeated stepping back.

"You are"

"No, no I can't be!" Octavia began.

"You are"

"But Harr- My friends need me!"

"You're right, they do and you will return to them in due time" Dad smiled.

"What? Does that mean Sirius can come back too?"

"No dear, the veil only takes people who are ready." Mum assured.

"But-"

"I was ready Octavia" Sirius smiled,"It was time for me to join my friends"

"But why me? How can I return?"

"Love. Love is how you can return"

"What does that mean?"

"You're love for Sirius and protecting him brought you here, but your love for another and their love for you will bring you out."

"Who?" Octavia asked.

"We mustn't tell you. You have figure it out for yourself"

And that was all Octavia got, She would stay here until she realized the love she shared with someone. As long as it took. Octavia would stay with her family, She could go and see what was happening below with her friends but they would never know she was there.

Time passed by for them but for Octavia everyday was fast. Like she wasn't living. Which Octavia wasn't, but still.

She saw Harry crying a lot, angry at the world. He was hurting.

It pained Octavia to see him so miserable. It hurt Octavia in a way she hadn't known before. Hermione tried to comfort him, but it wasn't working in the slightest. Ron helped a lot, but Harry still felt alone. She just... wished she could do something to make him smile, see those brilliant green eyes light up. Octavia had discovered she could do small things. She could touch a quill, feel things but nothing enough for him to notice.

One day Harry was particularly sad, he was staring in the mirror with tears running down his face. Octavia used all her being to breathe on the mirror and in the breath spot drew a heart, just so he would know she was watching over him. He was confused but it was the first time Octavia had seen him smile in such a long time.

"Octavia?" He whimpered.

But she couldn't respond. Octavia was silenced to him. All she wanted to do was scream. "IM HERE HARRY, IM HERE." But nothing.

Octavia was missing everything. Their sixth year was coming to a close, she needed to figure out her feelings and soon.

Her Mum and Dad tried to help her the best they could. But in the end Octavia had to decide. She was grateful no one pushed to hard for information. They wanted it to happen on its own terms.

Octavia mostly spent her day sitting and watching her three best friends. Occasionally Sirius would join her. She could tell he missed Harry, more than he let on, but he was so happy to be with James and Lily. But Octavia was in the same boat, She missed Harry so much it hurt sometimes. Octavia missed him comforting her, She missed him making her laugh. There was one thing Octavia didn't miss about being alive though. She didn't have to write letters to her parents that they would never receive, She could just go talk to them, see them, touch them. That was the best part.

Octavia had also become closer with Lily and James. Lily was very mothering to her, while James reminded her of Harry in more ways than one. Whenever James talks he ruffles his hair the same way harry would. Whenever he's around it comforts Octavia making her laugh. But at the same time it made Octavia miss Harry even more.

Things were growing darker for them. Octavia urned to help. She was watching one day when she began to really become worried.

Dumbledore had a mission to complete with Harry. It was tonight.

Octavia sat watching as Harry and Dumbledore set off. They made their way to a cave. The water looked dark and cold inside. Octavia shuddered as the two climbed into the boat that took them across.

Silently she watched as Harry was forced to give Dumbledore the potion in the crystal bowl. Her heart sank as Dumbledore cried for him to stop. Octavia had to close her eyes. But thankfully he finished the potion and Harry was able to grab the locket.

Octavia decided she had enough for the day and headed back to find the others.

"Harry have a rough day?" Mum asked.

"Yeah" Octavia shrugged.

"I know it hurts you to see him upset" She put her hand on Octavia's shoulder.

"More than it should"