NINE

SUMMER WAS UPON them and Octavia had said goodbye to her friends. It was time to go "home". Uncle was waiting for her as she got off the train. Octavia was worried about Harry, he was so... so scared and unsure. She hated leaving him to go to his horrible Aunt and Uncle. But then again she had the same problem.

A week into summer Uncle had Octavia pack her stuff. She was given nothing more than a 'pack your things we're leaving'. Octavia knew better than to question her Uncle. So she did just that, Octavia fit all her things in her trunk and grabbed Camilo's cage.

Not even a day later they were leaving the house. She didn't have a whole lot so she pretty much carried everything she owned without struggle. Camilo, her owl was out delivering a letter to Hermione. Uncle then held out his arm for them to apparate, Octavia was still underage so she just had to grab on before she was left behind.

Once they landed and Octavia's nausea had passed the two made their way to the entrance of a large mansion. It was dark and scary looking and definitely not somewhere Octavia wanted to be, black siding and vines crawling up the sides. Uncle led her to the door which was opened by a women with bleach blonde and grey hair, with a calm and quiet voice.

"Hello Salem"

"Narcissa" He nodded, "This is my... niece Octavia"

"Welcome" she smiled coldly, welcoming them inside.

»»-------------¤-------------««

Dear Mom and Dad.

It's been a week since we have moved into "Malfoy Manor". This whole place is kind of sketchy, I have a bad feeling about it. I wish you were here to help me. I want to leave, but I have no where to go. Harry is with the Dursleys, Hermione and Ron who knows where. Their letters have been scarce and when they came, they were short. I don't know what to do. I miss you now more than ever. I'm scared.

I love you today, tomorrow and forever

Your favorite (and only) daughter,
Octavia

»»-------------¤-------------««

Camilo was out with another letter, so it was quite surprising to see an owl sitting on her windowsill. Octavia didn't recognize it but a small letter was attached to its foot. She unfolded the small crumpled piece of paper. On it read...

12 Grimmauld Place

Octavia didn't know exactly what it meant but only one thing ran through her mind. Escape. Somehow this address could help her get away from this horrible place. But before Octavia could leave she had to wait for the perfect time. Her Uncle and a group of people would have daily three hour meetings, so she figured she would leave then. Octavia never was around to see who they were, but they worked in secret. Figuring they were probably from the ministry she didn't think much of it. Octavia made her way down to where they would meet to a listen for a moment.

"My lord please" hissed a voice.

"Silence" said a snake like voice, "I am the Dark Lord and what I say goes"

"But my Lord, the dementors"

"Drop it"

Octavia stepped back from the door. Coming to the realization.

These weren't ministry officials. They were death eaters.

And her uncle was one.

»»-------------¤-------------««

She had to get out, Octavia couldn't stay here. But she couldn't wait. She didn't know where she would go but 12 Grimmauld Place was a start, It came to her for a reason. Octavia packed her bags fast, so she could leave before the meeting ended, but time was running out. Once her things were packed Octavia quietly snuck down the stairs and into one of the rooms with a fireplace. Grabbing the floo powder she said '12 Grimmauld Place' and was gone without a second thought.

»»-------------¤-------------««

Octavia appeared in an unknown living room and fell out of the fireplace with a flop. Coal dust on her face. She looked up to see three faces staring back at her, all wands raised.

"Who are you" Said a man with long black hair.

"Where did you come from?" Said an older red headed lady.

"And what do you want?" Finished the man with the scars..

"Help... please" was all Octavia could muster up before collapsing.

She heard two bodies come rushing in.

"Is that?", the voice started, "Octavia?"

Hermione.

"Blimey, I think it is!" Ron said shocked.

"Who is she?" A voice came.

"Put down your wand Sirius, she's a friend" Hermione said urgently rushing over.

Regaining herself Octavia stood up, dusting herself off.

The group before was bickering about what to do with her.

"Hello?"

"Hello!!" Octavia yelled gaining everyone's attention.

They all turned around to face her.

"I got a note saying this address", Octavia said,"My name is Octavia. Octavia Clarke"

The two men in the room turned two each other with a look of surprise.

"As in Ethan and Olympia Clarke?" The long haired man asked.

"My parents" She raised an eyebrow,"Why?"

The man with the scars smiled, "Welcome home"

"Glad to be here?"

"Ah just like her mother"

"She looks like them"

Octavia had no idea what was bloody happening, she flooed to an unknown address and suddenly it's "home".

"Can someone please explain what is going on?!"

"Welcome to The Order of The Phoenix Octavia"

»»-------------¤-------------««

The two men. Sirius Black and Remus Lupin, she learned. Explained to her that the order was a force to fight against Voldemort and protect Harry and defend the wizarding world. So naturally Octavia joined without hesitation. She wanted to make those Death Eaters pay for killing her  parents, She wanted her Uncle to pay. He was one of them, he could have saved them. It was his fault.

The Weasley family was also staying with them, Ron's family. Octavia quickly learned their names and was rooming with Hermione and Ginny.

The hardest part of being in the order,
No letters to Harry saying anything about it.

Octavia spent most of her time with Sirius. He was so kind to her, even though she was kinda thrown in the middle of everything. Sometimes he would say small things about her parents. But never enough. Octavia always wished for more. But anything helped. She needed to know who they were, what they did. Sirius helped however he could. Octavia was thankful to say the least.