Chapter 2

Day 15

"Hi again, if you're even out there. 15 days later and I'm finally getting better. Well I've at least stopped throwing up from the radiation poisoning. I thought the virus the grounders gave us was bad, but throwing up on and off for 15 days is so much worse."

Bellamy sat by the radio, like he has done for the past eight days, just listening to Clarke unknowingly tell him about her day. "I'm so sorry you're suffering alone princess."

"I don't think Murphy would agree with me though." He could hear let out a breath, almost sounding like a small laugh. "I hope he's doing okay, I hope everyone is doing okay."

He let out a small chuckle, a small smile on his face at her attempt at a lame joke. "Everyone is doing just fine. Well Emori and Echo are feeling a little sick but that's what we get for putting grounders in space. Grounders in space... that's an oxymoron." He couldn't help but think back to the last conversation they had.

"I ended up finding a pack of crackers and few more MRE's we must've missed before. It's not a lot of but it will have to work until I'm healed enough, and built up enough courage to go to the lighthouse. I'm going to cut this short today though, I've been so tired lately but I guess being covered from head to toe in radiation poisoning can do that to you. I think being able to sleep in an actual bed has been helping me though. Speaking of my bed, I can hear it calling my name, so I guess this is bye until tomorrow."

"Until tomorrow." He said, no louder than a whisper, as he put the radio back in it's place.

Day 52

"I found a spare suit Becca must've hid away in case of emergencies, and I guess you could consider this an emergency. I'm planning on going to the lighthouse tomorrow to see if I can scavenge any food, or anything useful really. My body is also healing a lot better now, I'm no longer covered in gross blisters all over. I mean it only took me 52 days."

"I'm proud of you for being so strong."

"I'm scared though, scared to go outside. Not because of the radiation itself, but instead I'm scared to see how damaged the Earth is from the radiation. Ever since day one, when your arrogant self opened the dropship door, Earth has been far from kind to us. But it has always been the most beautiful thing and I'm afraid it has all been turned to ruins."

Day 186

Listening to Clarke has become somewhat of a daily occurrence for everyone in space. It brings them a great amount of happiness to hear of Clarke's daily adventures, and gives them hope for the day they return to earth.

"She's late, what is she doing?" Bellamy looked over to find Monty slinging his arm over Harper's shoulder, his nerves starting to rise. Clarke has come on the radio at almost the same time every day, that is except for today.

"Maybe the radio is just malfunctioning, I mean she is on a irradiated planet. I don't know how the radio is working in the first place." Emori said to no one in particular. Before Bellamy could reply he heard static come over the radio.

"Hi hi" Clarke sounded very out of breath. "Dammit..."

Bellamy could hear things dropping in the background and he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "What the hell."

"Well today has definitely been a rough day, I just woke up in a bad mood. I've only been out of the lab a few times and it's becoming frustrating. I want to go outside but I still haven't worked up enough courage to stay out for more than 30 minutes. So I may have taken my frustration out on the radio, and that's why I was late, sorry."