Chapter 5

Madi was refusing to tell Clarke what was going on, no matter how many times she asked. She just kept telling her repeatedly to 'just hurry', so Clarke had been running ever since she first told her. She was running so fast that she made what should've been a 20 minute trip into only 10 minutes.  Her legs felt like they might fall off and she couldn't catch her breath, but she knew she was coming up on the shore any second. As she ran over a hill she saw Madi's back, knowing it was her just by the way she was standing.

Clarke didn't wait to get any closer before she yelled out to her. "Dammit Madi would you tell me what's wrong?"

At the sound of Clarke's voice Madi turned around and when she did Clarke stopped dead in her tracks. Behind Madi were seven people and although she couldn't clearly see their faces she knew exactly who they were. "Oh my god" she mumbled to herself. She was shocked and didn't know what else to do except just stand there in the same spot, just staring at them stupidly. She couldn't believe her friends were back on Earth. They were finally back and all she wanted to do was hug them, but it was like both her arms and legs just stopped working. She didn't even get the chance though, because next thing she knew Raven was running towards her as fast as she could with the brace on her leg. Raven slammed into her, engulfing her in the tightest hug. Clarke still couldn't believe they were actually here and this wasn't just one of her dreams.

"Hug me back dammit." Raven's words snapped Clarke back to reality and she wrapped her arms around her best friend. It couldn't have been even a minute later that Clarke felt several more sets of arms wrap themselves around her. She had missed all her friends so much, hell she even missed Echo. Six years is a long time to think about things and she knew it was finally time to put that past between the two behind them. They have both done things to each other but now was the time for rebuilding, not fighting.

"Okay I missed you guys so much but I can't breathe." Every laughed and backed away from the hug, putting only a small between each other. They have had miles and miles of space between them for over six years but right now they could care less about personal space.

Clarke looked around at her friends. "Wow I can't believe it. You all look exactly the same, well except it looks like you couldn't find a decent paid of scissors up there." They all laughed. "What, did you decide haircuts weren't cool anymore?"

"Actually Murphy and Raven made a bet on who's hair would be longer by time we came back. It only started between them two but then we all kinda joined in." Harper smiled, remembering the memory as she told Clarke.

Clarke laughed at their little bet. "Well I'd have to say Echo wins this one." She looked over at the grounder as she said it, giving her a soft smile. She looked around at her friends again knowing she was smiling bigger than she had in such a long time, but her smile faltered as she noticed someone was missing. "Wait where is-"

Raven cut her off before she would start thinking the worse. "He's still behind us. Apparently he forgot how to walk on the short trip back down."

Clarke looked over Raven's shoulder and let out a sigh as she saw Bellamy standing there looking at the ground. She took and few steps towards him before stopping in front of Madi. "Why don't you go get the other kids. Tell them there are some people I want them to meet." Madi just gave Clarke smile, turning to head back to the cave.  She took a deep breathe before she started walking again. The entire time Bellamy just stared at the ground, not trusting himself to look. Even when Clarke was right in front of him he still didn't look up.

"Bell... " she said so quietly that he almost didn't even hear it.

He finally looked up at the girl he thought he'd never see again. He couldn't believe she was actually standing right in front of him. Just by looking at her Bellamy could tell that she had changed so much. Clarke was skinny than she was six years ago but not it a bad way. Instead she had become leaner, stronger from having to surviving on Earth after Praimfaya. Her hair was much shorter, falling just above her shoulders, and she added some pink into it. Bellamy finally looked into her eyes, those blue eyes he saw every night when he closed his own. They somehow had changed since the last time he looked into them. They had become lighter, almost clearer than before. He could tell that the stress and hardships that dulled them before were gone. Just by looking into her eyes he could already tell that Clarke had become a new person.