Chapter 12

Everyone was in complete shock as they watched the reunion unfold in front on them. By this point, the other seven had followed Bellamy and Clarke down into the bunker, and they were just as surprised as everyone else.

Monty walked up to stand beside Clarke. "Hey where is your mom?"

"Mom" mumbled to herself. Clarke couldn't believe she got so distracted by Octavia and Bellamy, that she forgot about her mom for a few seconds. She immediately started pushing her way through the large crowd, yelling for her mom.

"Mom! Mom!" She didn't hear anything, so she just keeping yelling and pushing through the crowd. "Abby! Mom!" Clarke just kept pushing until she made it through the crowd, stopping immediately when she did. Standing right in front of her was someone she thought she was never going to see again, her mother. She couldn't move as she took in her mother's appearance. The most obvious difference was the fact that her mother had cut nearly all her off, even shorter than her own. Besides the haircut, Clarke noticed little things that had changed with her mom. Abby looked tired and not the type of tired from not getting enough sleep, but the tired that comes from years of stress. She had more wrinkles on her forehead and her eyes had lost a bit of their fire.

"Mom" Clarke whispered, not fully believing that she was right in front of her.

Not even a second later Abby was rushing towards her Clarke, wrapping her arms around her daughter. As soon as she felt the warmth of her mother's arms she started bawling. She cried and cried from the loneliness she had felt without her in the past six years. She cried until her body became weak and her legs gave out on her, sending both her and her mother to the ground.

"Oh no baby don't cry, I'm right here." Abby tried to soothe her daughter. By now everyone was staring, but neither of the noticed or even cared. The only thing they cared about was that they were together again.

"I never thought I'd get to see you again" Clarke cried into her mother's arms. "I never got to even say goodbye."

Abby rubbed her back as she tried to calm her down. "I'm here now and all that matters is that we're together." They stayed on the floor, wrapped in each others arms, for a few minutes. After about five minutes Clarke had almost completely stopped crying and crowd had dwindled down to just a few people.

Clarke unwrapped herself from her mother's arms. "I have so much to tell you mom." As soon she finished saying that they heard a nervous from behind them.

"Clarke..."

She turned around to find Madi nervously looking around the inside of the bunker. Clarke stood up and motioned for Madi to come closer. She wrapped her arm across Madi's shoulder before turning them both around, facing her mom. "Mom this is Madi and she's a part of the family now. Her nightblood helped her survive which makes her pretty badass" she told her mom as she gave Madi's shoulder a slight squeeze.

Abby smiled down at Madi. "Hi Madi I'm Clarke's mom, but I bet you already knew that." Abby looked back up at her daughter "but how did you find her if you went to space?" She asked, clearly confused.

"Well that's one of the things I have to tell you about, I didn't make it to space mom."

Abby scrunched her eyebrows in confusion and was about to say something, but was cut off by someone calling her name.

"Abby!"

They turned around to see Raven rushing to them, followed by the five others. Clarke noticed Echo wasn't with them, or even in the bunker at all. It didn't surprise her that Echo stayed above ground, no one in the bunker liked her six years ago and she doubted much had changed since then. Abby cared about all of Clarke's friends, so seeing them alive only made her even happier.