Chapter 24

*I bet you didn't expected me to ever update! I surprised myself too*

They all heard it. They all knew. The prisoners had noticed Abby was gone, too quickly for the group to get far enough.

"Run!" Clarke yelled to the others. There was no use in trying to be quiet now.

She had just started to run herself when she finally processed what she had heard just a few moments ago. My mother is gone. Clarke immediately turned around, heading back towards where she had rescued her mother from just minutes ago. Running, she had just about made it to the edge of the tree line when she heard someone running towards her. Thinking it was going to be one of the enemy prisoners, Clarke pulled her sword out and took cover behind a tree. She waited, listening for the footsteps to become louder. When they sounded only a few feet from Clarke, just jumped out from the behind the tree and rose her sword, ready to attack whoever was in front of her. Jumping out, Clarke raised her sword and was about to bring it down when she realized who was standing in front of her.

"What the hell are you doing mom?" She wanted to yell at her mother, but knew now was not the time to do it. Relieved she quickly put her sword away and grabbed her mother by the arm. "We need to go. Now." Clarke didn't give Abby any time to answer before she started running, forcing Abby to run alongside her.

.

It took them longer to get back home, because Clarke insisted on stopping frequently to make sure they weren't being followed. They stopped over 10 times, making their trip back take almost an hour longer than it normally would've. Although she tried not to think about it, Clarke was worried about Bellamy and her friends. She had gotten separated from them when she went back for her mother. Clarke knew they could all handle themselves, but she wasn't going to feel at ease until she got back home and knew they were all safe.

Clarke had pushed the thoughts out of her head until she knew her and Abby were getting closer to the lab. Picking up her pace, she grabbed her mother's arm once more, not wanting to loose her again. As they broke through the trees, and into the clearing by the lab, Clarke could see a figure pacing in front of the entrance. It wasn't Madi, because although they were still far away, she could tell this person was much taller than her. It wasn't until she was about 20 feet away could she finally see that it was Bellamy who was pacing. Dropping her mother's arm, Clarke yelled out Bellamy's name, catching his attention. She didn't waste any time and starting sprinting, closing the gap between the two of them. Bellamy was running towards her too, and when they met in the middle Clarke crushed him in a hug, almost knocking him over.

"Oh my god you're safe." Bellamy could hear the relief in Clarke's voice.

He pulled back just enough to look at her. "I should be saying that you. You're the one who decide to run the wrong way."

Clarke rolled her eyes at his remark. "I didn't run the wrong way, I was going back to look for my mother."

"And you didn't need to. I would've been just fine if you didn't." Bellamy and Clarke jump apart a few inches, startled by Abby's voice.

Pulling away from Bellamy, Clark turned to her mother. Her anger from before was starting to return. "Care to explain to me exactly why you thought it would a good idea to run back after we had just rescued you?" Bellamy placed a reassuring hand on Clarke's shoulder, but it was doing nothing to calm her. "That was such a dumb thing to do mom. What if they got you again. We obviously know they want you because they need a doctor, and news flash! You're basically the only doctor on this planet."

Abby walked up to her daughter and put a hand on her cheek. "I'm okay Clarke. Yes I know something could've happened, but nothing did." She dropped her hand from Clarke's cheek to grab something out of her pocket. "And plus I went back for this." Abby pulled a small vial of liquid out of her pocket. "They used this on me and I want to know what it is?"

"What do you mean they used it on you?" Bellamy was the one to ask the question, since Clarke was still mad at her mother.

"Did you really think they wouldn't gotten me out of here without a fight? The guy knocked me out and when we got back to their ship they poke me with this stuff." The liquid inside the vial had a yellow tint to it. "it put me in a complete paralysis. I couldn't move at all but I was still completely aware of everything going on around me. The thing is I think they assumed it was supposed to last for hours, but instead it didn't even last one single hour. I just acted like it was still working so they wouldn't use more of it."

Clarke was still mad at her mom, but she was also glad she was okay. "How did you know where there would be more of it though?" She asked her mother.

"I was paying attention to everything, there was a lot of stuff I saw. But they also weren't very smart about it. They left the unused vials right next to me. I guess they thought I wasn't going to be able move."

Instead of saying anything, Clarke took a step forward and wrapped her arms around Abby. "I'm so glad you're okay mom, but I can't lose you again so please don't do something like that again."

Clarke let go of her mother and turned back to Bellamy. "Is everyone else already here?"

"Yeah, everyone is back and okay. Well, actually Octavia is a little beat up, but she's fine." Clarke was about to starting questioning Bellamy about Octavia but he cut her off. "She got cut up from some trees, just enough for some stitches."

"I'll go check on her. I'll see you two inside." Abby went to go attend to Octavia, leaving Clarke and Bellamy by themselves.

Clarke watched her mother walk to lab before turning back to Bellamy. "I was so worried about everyone. I'm glad you got back safe Bell."

Bellamy lifted his hand, placing it on Clarke's cheek. "I should really be saying that to you. Do you know what I thought when I didn't see you behind me? I thought they had captured you too Clarke." His thumb was gently brushing along her cheek. "Don't scare me like that again."

"Once this is all over we can finally have the worry free life we deserve." Clarke placed her hand on top of Bellamy's, bringing it down to hold by her side.

"All this worry is aging me" he joked, letting out a sigh.

Clarke reached up and brushed her free hand across the beard the Bellamy had to grow a couple days ago. "Don't worry babe, I think you would look good with grey hair."

He let out a big laugh. "Oh so funny Clarke." Looking around he started to notice that the sun was going starting to go down. "Let's get inside, it's getting dark and I'm hungry."

"Of course, what ever you want old man."

"What am I going to do with you?"

They both laughed as they walked hand in hand towards the lab, the events of day being left to disappear with the sun.

*

*

*

Okay it's a short chapter but it's been a long time and I just need something to get me back into the story. I didn't reread to check for mistakes so sorry if they is a few.

Also I have another story I am writing and I would really appreciate if you checked that one out too :)