Chapter 22

*yes yes I actually updated*

"Clarke you can't just go into war without a plan." Bellamy was trying to reason with Clarke  but she wasn't listening to anything he was saying.

"I have a plan Bellamy. I plan to go to their little ship and kill every last one of them."

"That doesn't sound like a plan Clarke, it sounds more like a suicide mission." Marcus spoke up, drawing Clarke's attention from Bellamy to him.

"Good thing I'm not looking for you then" Clarke shot back.

Clarke turned back to Indra. "You're not being forced to go obviously, but I'm going to need your skills."

Indra looked over at Octavia, almost as if she was looking for approval. Octavia gave her a slight nod before turning to Clarke. "If Indra is going then I'm going as well."

Knowing he wouldn't be able to change any of their minds, Bellamy started focusing on having a good plan. "Fine, what's your plan Clarke?"

"Well I know this area better than anyone, so I was going to use that to my advantage." Clarke looked around to make sure everyone in the group was paying attention. "I was planning to sneak up on them at night, since I know they don't have any lights. I took all the lanterns and flashlights they had on their ship. They won't even know what hit them?"

"And you plan on doing this tonight?" Bellamy asked, clearly questioning her plan.

"Yes tonight."

"Well it definitely wouldn't be smart to go tonight because they would be expecting you to."

"What do you expect me to do Bellamy, wait? They took my mom so that's not an option." Clarke was quickly getting irritated.

"I know it'll be hard, but I think you should at least wait another night or two. They know she's a doctor, so they wouldn't do anything to hurt her. Not when they're hurt and still need a doctor."

"Bellamy is right Clarke. We wouldn't have the element of surprise tonight" Indra spoke up in favor of Bellamy.

Clarke looked from Indra back to Bellamy before letting out an agitated sigh. "Fine we'll wait, but only one night. Tomorrow night I'm getting my mom back, and I'll do it alone if I had to."

"Now you're just being stubborn Clarke. Indra, Bellamy, and I will go with you, you just have to tell us when." There were only a few people who would call Clarke out on her attitude, and Octavia was one of them.

"Just be ready to go at sundown tomorrow" was the last thing Clarke said to them before turning around and stomping off to her room.

.

Clarke was laying down on the couch in her room, facing away from the door when Bellamy walked. He had let her cool down a bit alone before coming to check on her.

"Clarke, how are you feeling?" Bellamy ask as he walked over to her side of the bed.

She sat up, giving him space to sit down. "They took my mom Bellamy, how do you think I'm feeling?" Clarke snapped at him, but quickly apologized. "Sorry Bell, I know you're just trying to help. It's just so hard knowing she's out there, but having to wait to go get her."

Bellamy sat down next to her and patted his thigh, motioning for her to lay back down. She let out a sigh and laid her head down on his lap. "Thank you Bellamy. You keep me sane, even when I'm yelling and being a bitch to you."

"Well you're not going to get rid of me that easily."

They both sat there in silence after that. Bellamy was playing with her hair as Clarke messed with a string on his pants, both of them lost in their own thoughts. The only sound in the room was the rhythm of their breaths. After what felt like a hour, Clarke's hand stilled on Bellamy's leg and randomly let out a laugh.