Omegas (prologue)

HEY GUYS! I'M PLANNING ON EDITING THE LAST OMEGA. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING. MWA!

The heaviness of despair weighed upon my heart as I confronted the harsh reality of my existence. We, the outcasts, were branded as weak and misunderstood by the world around us. Our purpose, bestowed upon us by the mysterious moon goddess, remained a puzzle. However, one thing was certain: our kind teetered on the edge of extinction. Each passing day witnessed our dwindling numbers, victims of the selfish exploitation of others.

"I can no longer bear this life," I whispered to myself, my words laden with resignation.

My family had been torn from me, and my friends were sold away, lost to me forever. I stood as the lone survivor, a desolate being without purpose or connection. A profound emptiness engulfed me, driving me to contemplate an end in the desolate embrace of the mountains.

Clutching the cold, glimmering blade in my hand, I addressed it with bitter irony.

"Dear knife, my old companion," I murmured. "Be my steadfast ally and deliver me from this unending torment."

How absurd it all seemed, considering suicide as a means of liberation.

Ah, the intricate tapestry of fate and suffering that entwines us. My heart, heavy with the burden of loss, echoed the chorus of despair. We, the forsaken and forgotten, sought solace in the depths of our own existence. The moon goddess, in her boundless wisdom, crafted us with an enigmatic purpose, yet now we stand on the precipice of oblivion.

"I have reached the lowest point of this wretched existence," I confessed to the desolate echoes of the mountainside.

Torn apart from kin, severed from bonds without mercy, I remained as the solitary ember of a dying fire. My path was treacherous, haunted by relentless pursuit, for I had become the coveted prize in the eyes of the Luna pack. But you may wonder, who are they?

Listen closely, for I shall unveil the veiled secrets of time.

They are the chosen descendants of the moon goddess's beloved mate, Arterius. They carry the lineage born from a divine connection. Yet, deluded they are, mistaking me for the Luna—the vessel of the goddess's rebirth, destined to reunite with her beloved Arterius.

In a forgotten era, when the goddess Luna graced the enchanted forest with her ethereal presence, a rogue figure emerged from the shadows. Arterius, as the tales go, bellowed a fervent cry of "MATE!" shattering the tranquility of her existence. Terrified, the goddess fled from his aggressive pursuit, but his strength proved insurmountable. She fell victim to his vile acts.

Let us not dwell in the shadows, for a glimmer of hope pierces the darkness. Divina, Luna's mother, imposed punishment upon Arterius, yet her heart, forever entwined with his, could not sever their bond entirely. A chance at redemption was granted, a new life bestowed upon both Luna and Arterius, to rectify the sins of the past and set things right.

In such an absurd predicament, madness loomed. Who could bear the thought of surrendering their innocence to a random stranger devoid of a true bond? Death appeared as a preferable fate, an escape from the cruel irony that enveloped my very existence.

Thus, with a trembling hand and eyes closed, I pressed the blade against my wrist, yearning for release, praying for an end to the torment that had become my reality.

Hi guys! This might be my third attempt​ at writing a Boy to boy story so... If you like the prologue please do like and vote and tell me if I should continue this story.