Chapter 12

Sorry for the late update!
---
“Hey Eren, what is your spirit animal?” Of course Hanji would ask that, she’s always curious.

“Um... a wolf?”

“Why does that sound like a question?”

“I transformed back to myself before I woke up,” I clarify.

“It must have something to do with your titan abilities... speaking of that, why didn’t you heal after that douche kicked you?”

“They inject me with a liquid that cancels out most of my titan powers.”

“That sucks!”

“Yep,” I reply, popping the ‘p’.

“So, how are we going to get out of here?” Erwin interrupts once again.

I sigh softly. Honestly I think we have no hope of escaping. Of course, Levi and I did last time but that was purely luck. And if there was one thing the Survey Corps didn’t have it was luck. At least I was thinking this, until my eyes wonder to the small, barred window.

Yes! My father would never realise his mistake until it was too late. I think of a rushed plan of how this was going to happen.

I look towards Levi.

It was time to leave.
---
I  explain my plan to the others, and we all decide that it is the best course of action. So later that night we say our goodbyes. I don’t want Levi to go! Anything could happen to him and I would never know, but he is the only one who can escape.

We crowd around Levi as he tries to change into his spirit animal again. It’s a slow process trying to find the trigger, but he just has to focus. After several hours of trying we decide it would be better to try again tomorrow. I disappointedly sit down, how long will we be trapped here? Levi sits down next to me, just like he did only a couple of days ago in the cafeteria of our home. How could this have happened? I wrap Levi in my arms and pull him closer to me.

“I’m sorry, it’s my fault you’re in this mess,” I mumble.

“Don’t you dare blame this on yourself, it’s not your fault. Its Grisha’s fault, if he wasn’t so selfish none of us would be in this chaos,” I appreciate him not referring to Grisha as my father. Grisha may have been my father once, but that was a long time ago.

I cant help myself, I draw Levi’s face closer to mine. And suddenly our lips are touching and it feels like the greatest thing in the world, before long we have to wrench apart and gasp for air. When I finally looked up at Levi, a small smile was slowly spreading across his face until...

Levi disappears, and only a silver eyed cat, remains in his place.