Chapter 13

I smile as I pick Heichou up. I cradle him in my arms as I cross the room, everybody gives Levi pats and gentle strokes as a goodbye, for there was no guarantee we would see each other again. I place a gentle kiss on Heichou’s soft head and receive a purr in response, before raising him onto the tiny, barred window. He slowly squeezes his small frame between the bars.

“Remember, when you get to the stables transform back and steal a horse-there’s no chance of you making it back to headquarters without one-then quietly retreat and come back with your squad... and Mike if he’s back from the Capital,” I remind him. He ‘meows’ in return and stalks off into the night.

Now all we have to do is wait.
---
Hours later, the sun is about to rise and bright colours fill the sky. Everyone is more relaxed knowing Levi’s coming back with help, but until then we have to stay alive. Soldiers enter the room and we are dragged all the way back to the main hall. If they realise Levi isn’t with us, they aren’t surprised. When we enter the room, Kenny and Grisha are already searching our group with their eyes, as if they knew something was wrong. Or someone was missing.

“Where is Levi? We know he escaped, we noticed the missing horse. Where. Is. He,” Grisha demands.

A grin reaches my face when I hear that they did not catch him. We are now one step closer to getting out of this hell-hole. Kenny’s eyes fall on me.

“Brad!” Kenny calls. Brad? The same Brad that we took hostage? The same Brad that Levi had threatened to kill?

“Yes, Sir?” A familiar broad shouldered man with a short military hairstyle and sharp facial features steps forward. A wild look enters Brad’s eyes as Kenny shoves me into his stone like grip.

“He’s all yours. Just don’t kill him. I’m sure when Levi returns to ‘rescue’ him, he will have a lovely surprise to find him broken,”

“Thankyou for your generosity, Sir. I will gladly take you up on the offer. I will surely enjoy his company,” Brad replies. What is happening?!

My eyes go wide with horror. I struggle against Brad, trying to get away. This is when the Survey Corps realise what is going to happen, my friends have to be restrained as Brad walks out of the room with me flung over his shoulder.