Chapter 17

Ill upload the next chapter soon, I promise!
Comments and votes are always appreciated:)
---
I lost track of how many corners and corridors we pass, at one point we even went up a small staircase. After several minutes, it becomes apparent where our destination is. Brad tugs me into the stables and sets me down on a hay bale while he saddles a horse.

“Turns out, your boyfriend did come back to rescue you. Too bad he’s never going to get the chance,” Brad says with a cruel grin. I look down at my feet. Levi didn’t come to rescue me.

Brad grips my wrist and hauls me onto the horse and quickly sits behind me. He wraps an arm around my waist to prevent me from falling off and gives the horse a rough kick. We quickly gallop around the side of the building to the gate, but are soon stopped when Brad realises he was too slow. The whole Survey Corps block the exit. Erwin and the others were laughing and running around, happy to be in the fresh air and Squad Levi quickly surround our horse.

“Hello, Brad. Long time, no see.”

Levi.

I can’t even bring myself to look at him. I had given up, submitted to Brad and his torture. Brad slides off the horse and raises his hands in surrender. I slump forward, slightly relieved. Levi walks to me and gestures for me to hop down, I flinch as he rests his palm on my back to help me. I feel guilty as he quickly retracts his hand. I gently lower myself to the ground and turn around to face him.

“Eren...”

“Don’t. I don’t want your pity,” he sighs. He reaches his hands up to cup my face, but I move away. “I just need time to think.”

I whirl around and walk towards the forest.

Just a couple of minutes.

Just a couple of minutes to myself.

My eyesight suddenly gets sharper and I’m closer to the ground. My paws crunch leaves and snap sticks as I trot into the trees.

Just a couple of minutes.