Chapter 14

Sorry for the late update.
---
Hours before, Brad had carried me to a small torture room. It stank of blood and death, but I was too worried about what was to come. Hour after hour he beat me, cut me and whipped me. He seemingly sought revenge for when Levi threatened him and he had begged for his life. He said he nearly got fired, that he had to put up with everyone mocking him and how he had ‘cried like a baby’. He told me that I didn’t deserve to live, that I didn’t deserve Levi, that I didn’t deserve love or friendship from anyone. That I was a monster. I pleaded with him to stop, but hour after hour he continued, he did not relent until Kenny came in and told him that I was broken enough, that I was shattered.

And he was right.
---
Brad happily walked down the corridors with me slung over his shoulder. I feel as if I was seeing the world through a tunnel, all I notice is the pain all over my body, my heart thumping in my ears. The only thing Brad didn’t hurt was my face, he said it was for when Levi came. So he could look into my eyes and see how broken I really am, how there’s no coming back for me.

He walks into the dungeon and slams me against a wall. I am so far gone that I don’t even make a sound as I slide down to the ground.

“Thanks, I had fun!” Brad calls back as he exits the room.

I sit on the floor gazing into nothing before I am roughly shaken and brought back to the world of the living, back to the pain. I yank myself out of this person’s grasp and moan in pain as my wounds move and stretch.

“Don’t shake him!” I hear Armin say.

“What happened, Eren?!” I ignore the question and concentrate on staying conscious.

“What do you think happened, Mikasa? He was tortured!” Armin soon replies.

I cant stand them arguing with each other. Arguing and fighting is my forte, they are meant to be the peacemakers.

“Don’t you think I know that, Armin? Look at him!” She says gesturing to me.

Stop arguing! I can’t take it! Your supposed to be stopping me from doing something stupid, or rescuing me, or nursing me back to health. How did it come to this? To us falling apart?

“Stop!” I shout, letting all my pain and anger seep into my voice.

The room becomes quiet.