2. It's Really Him!

Scarlett traveled her gaze and spotted Aaron dancing with her best friend, Leah. A chuckle escaped her lips as she closely noticed the reactions she gave to him whilst he twirled her a couple of times.

A few moments earlier, she had a little dance with him, but the intense looks from Aaron made it awkward and Scarlett could not carry on with that any further. Being her friends since second grade, they both seemed to understand that. Leah was there in a jiffy, to take them out of their inconvenience. Scarlett let out a smile of appreciation thinking about her friend's noticing attitude. What could she think about Leah; she was practically her second mother. She cursed herself inwardly – she had no idea what she was thinking while asking Aaron for that dance.

Leah has complete knowledge of what was running inside her head. They practically grew up and they were always together. Scarlett finds no change in the way Leah and Aaron messed with each other as they match their steps to a romantic album. The only difference she felt was the absence of a certain someone. Other than that, she'd always found herself grateful for having two such gems in her life.

The thought of a certain someone brought mixed feelings to her heart. Anger, hatred, hurt, sadness, altogether. Even after all these years, a sudden feeling of anguish overpowers her and she feels her heart racing a mile in a minute, just by thinking about him. He had and has always been there, making her weak and it was pathetic how she could not avoid his wrong deeds.

"He is a terrible dancer," Leah's grumble brought her out of her thoughts as she chuckled, "He made me seem so stupid, in front of all these people here," she glared at him, who just stood beside Scarlett as he uninvitedly curled his arm back, leaving her discomposed. He does not seem to notice that though. Aaron was rather busy giving Leah a smirk.

"You could have just walked away, baby girl," he gave her a smug smile as he glanced towards Scarlett to give her a sly smile.

"I'm not discourteous like you, Carter," she countered holding her friend's arm and before he could react, she dragged Scarlett away from him as she heaved a silent sigh.

"You are getting married to him," she states, giving her a stare containing disbelief.
Her expressions totally revealed that she still found it difficult to swallow the fact that her darling friend was actually marrying that man. "Are you sure?" Leah asked again with a concern-laced voice, placing her arm on Scarlett's shoulder assuredly to which she responded with a nod.

"It's not needed, Scarlett. Why can't you just reject him," Leah shook her head in a disapproving manner, "Look at you, you don't even love him?" She phrased, raising her voice a little.

She was not convinced yet.

"I said this to you the other day right, and I'm fine. Stop acting like my mom." Scarlett hissed as a sudden wave of irritation engulfed her peace and the latter stared at her cross-eyed.

"At least I am being one. Your mother is busy arranging your wedding. She doesn't realize her daughter's unhappiness," her voice immediately turned so loud that Scarlett had to shush her instantly.

Reaching to her arm, Leah sighed but assured her upon noticing the change in her expressions.

"It's okay, Lee, I happened to tell myself, somehow. I have to move on someday. Why not with Aaron, he's a good person. Mom feels it too." She responded in a low voice as she sighed.

"Okay. I think you are right," this was the first time she ever showed her agreement, "And if Aaron ever hurts you, just let me know and he's going to get it." She said, closing her fists as if she was ready to punch someone.

The view made her chuckle. Scarlett could never understand the type of relationship that Aaron and Leah shared. It was always bittersweet.

They bicker a lot. She remembers Lee falling for him in their teenage years but soon, the feelings she had for him, faded. She doesn't remember Aaron acknowledging it ever. He was oblivious to the attraction she felt for him.