14. In Too Deep...!

Scarlett gazes up to the heavens and her thoughts get even deeper. There's so much hidden in this glowing darkness, such vigor that our eyes get relieved while staring at the heavenly view and the fascination it carries, makes us work hard to stand it. Sometimes at times like these when her thoughts are not convenient anymore, she stares at the immense creativity and instantly feels alarm, cheerfulness, and improvement altogether. She could observe the expectations brighter than this impressive system.

Scarlett loved Dylan for almost all her life and adored him. She dreamt of marrying him. It was avid and passionate. It has been almost a decade and still, she could not get over the blight and treachery given by him and to make things shoddier, he decides to re-emerge and occupy her mind, only to make her revive the time and memories that she'd hardly seek to overcome. She had worked hard on herself a lot, to forget the past happenings, but it just remained as mere wishful thinking. She feels like those years where she was involved with him were nothing but a waste of time and the reminiscences were tainted. For him, everything was a game.

Scarlett has always been consumed with resentment, hurt and apprehension whenever he shows up, in the office and her mansion. Still, he continues to do so and the only one to face the consequences of being defenseless is her.

Suddenly, there was a buzzing sound from the table, bringing her out of her thoughts. Nonetheless, she decided to close her eyes to it, knowing that the caller would definitely be no other than Dylan. She was certainly not in a mood to hold his crabbiness and cockiness.

Accordingly, the events of the night before came back in her mind like flashes and instantly her cheeks flushed making her downcast her vision and fight back the tears of embarrassment.

"I kissed him. I let him take his power over me." She muttered under her breath slowly, carrying huge amounts of anger and regression.

Disbelievingly, her eyes stopped at the blurry image of her reflection at the glass window and noticed her forehead creasing into innumerable deep frowns. Scarlett could not happen to forget the images of her being close to him to that implausible extent and his kisses only made her packed with nerve endings that managed to make her feel wobbly yet excited at the same time. She bit her tongue, disappointed in herself.

"Scarlett," Aaron's uncertain voice snapped her out of her inner turmoil as she jumped a little by the sudden voice, "How are you feeling now?" He inquired stepping in and the sudden consciousness kicked in as he touched her, hugging her from behind.

Scarlett turned, plastering a small smile and found him already looking at her with a warm smile as he dropped a kiss on her temple, "You should have rested more if you're not okay," he frowned, his forehead creased, showing distress as he ran his hand over her hair.

"No, I'm fine." She replied shortly to which he nodded, shifting his hand to her cheek and stroking it tenderly, yet it could not bring the type of effect in her system, which Dylan's touch easily brought the other night, making her tingly.

"Are you sure, you should rest for a while, sweetheart. I have caught you zoning out while we had our board meeting. What's bothering you?" He dubiously asked, searching for her expression. His palm rested on her cheek, still stroking it gently. Although, she thought that she tried much better to seem normal, yet he recognized it so smoothly.

Shaking her head, she said, "No, I'm fine." Scarlett guaranteed shortly right after. Though he looked quite unconvinced, he managed to nod slightly. Aaron continued looking into her eyes and reflexively, she looked away, slowly backing away as she managed to bring a normal expression.

"I'm leaving for the racecourse later in the evening. Would you like to join?" He asked in a soft tone after a few moments.

"Sure." She responded, smiling up at him.
He nodded, "We'll leave after finalizing the VT firm deal, and the company would probably be ours after the stalking bid in the evening. I'm pretty sure that the owner already gave up." He grinned excitedly and at the same time, stepped back a little.