8. Little Blast From Past!

The clear reflection in front of Scarlett cracked her qualms. It did not hide her state, which screamed insecurity and reticence. For her, last night was so disconcerting. The person whom she addresses as the devil – his influence crept inside her brain, leaving her unguarded.

I expected a little trust from you, Scarlett. Those words from him were everything that she had never witnessed while she was with him back then. She reminisced about Dylan's way of expressing anger, which is not like a common person. He moderately chooses to stay unvoiced, keeping his feelings to himself and not articulating them in front of people.

However, countless things have changed over these years. Scarlett was not a part of his life anymore. He chose to change everything, the way she'd consider stuff and the way she'd notice things – it's all changed. She dislikes assuming that she knew him anymore. He is an absolute stranger to her.

Now when she recalled last night, the temper he showed by the pool, made her squirm. He knew what he was opting for, by interpreting himself as the sufferer, and as surprising as it may sound, Scarlett could not believe she almost gave it a second thought about the possibility of him being trapped in all the drama in the past. Absolutely, that makes him triumphant in his task, exactly for what he is back.

Scarlett was astounded. How could someone be scheming to that extent? Is it that simple for him to present as if she was the one who created all the mayhem that drifted the whole thing apart?

Since he is back, he always points out and talks about trust. Dylan does not recognize that trust is a fragile thing. When you trust someone, you allow yourself to be vulnerable. That was what her actual fault was. She had let him in, she'd handed him her heart and core and believed that no matter what would approach in the coming times, he will always be with her and take care of it. However, few things are against a person's wishes. Scarlett was proven so wrong about it and for her, after her father's demise, it was the second most complex thing to ever experience.

The soft, unruffled and gentle Dylan does not exist anymore. Although, for him, being conceited is mandatory and that is the only thing that did not change about him, followed by sarcasm and mordacity. These past couple of encounters with him have helped her in recognizing the devil's motive, which integrated nothing except to invade her passive life.

Now she recognizes a tiny detail, Scarlett was peaceful before when he'd not shown up. Although she was not in high spirits either, before his return, it was still serene. Recently, when she had nothing and nobody to reside in her thoughts, Scarlett found herself wondering if all this actually anguished him.

"Has he ever loved me?" Scarlett questioned no one in particular. Alternatively, she was just a ladder for him to step up and reach his intention. At least that's what she feels at the moment. Does he not feel repentance, for attempting those crimes that he'd chosen to execute? Also sullying everyone, mainly her.

Scarlett's eyes twisted in exasperation as she sighed. Why was she not able to move on? Also, why does it turn out to be hard for her to avoid what she used to feel for him!?

She was met with utter disappointment when she tried to seek answers from nobody other than her. She had always come out as vacant one when he was the reason.

For the second time, those aching expressions he had on his face last night, made Scarlett feel and think. She could not help but to hopelessly wonder – did she really make a mistake back then by not believing in him?