5. Deadly Encounter.

Scarlett was overjoyed. It was a great day and she was excitedly looking forward to it. She couldn't help but be keen and restless at the same time, to bring the honor and decorate it into her cabin.

For a moment, Scarlett thought that she may sound like making a big deal out of it, but since she was on her way to getting recognition in exchange for her hard work, the feeling she got was incredible. Scarlett was elated as she'd achieved it after performing so much, counting her struggle. The beam on her face continuously stayed, refusing to leave her face.

Scarlett had a feeling that it was going to be fun and finger-snapping kind of the day and if she wanted it to be, no ill-feeling was going to put a rain cloud over it. Of course, she had been better off before, but since the return of the devil, it rather made her mood ominous and miserable, bringing the sad recollections back to life, in her head.

However, now, all she had to realize was, it was just a matter of time and she'd just considered it necessary to explain herself off, the fact that Dylan could not control her emotions anymore. He can no longer affect her existence and it was finally time to move on, which she should have opted for a long time ago. However, it was never too late to make your happy choices.

Scarlett looked at her reflection in the mirror. She chose a Gucci white sleeveless dress that reached just below her knee. She adjusted her dress, making it free from the crinkles, not that there were many. With a real smile plastered all over her lips, she finally left the mansion.

Scarlett's phone rang, bringing her attention, and a small, faint smile emerged from her lips upon noticing Aaron's face occupying her mobile screen. He'd left for Japan the other day, and she reminisced about the time she accompanied him to the airport to send him off. He seemed quite dissatisfied. Aaron wanted to be there in this event jointly, but a few things cannot be controlled.

"Yes, I'm about to leave," she answered him when he'd asked about the event.

"Good," he responded warmly, "I think you will be pleased to know about this either, I closed the deal today. It was quite easier than I'd thought and it took nothing to convince them and add our points into the agreement," Aaron informed. Scarlett could sense his grinning face from here. Her lips curled up as well, into a smile. He further added, "Don't strain yourself in office to a great extent; I have dictated Grace to perform a few things in my absence." He sounded concerned.

"I'll be fine Aaron," she responded, "You don't have to worry all the time and I can handle myself and the stress as well. That's what we do here, right?" Scarlett countered as he chuckled from the other end.

"Okay," he said shortly, "See you then, sweetheart. Take care," he paused, his voice came out slowly and then again added after a moment, "Scarlett," and he stopped again, leaving her mystified.

"I'm here." She expressed in a low voice. "I love you, I really do." She sighed silently upon hearing his confession. "And I miss you."

"You don't need to assure me that, Aaron. I know that" Scarlett responded and before she could add anything else, he added in a small voice, "See you soon," and he hung up. She was disappointed in herself. It was just this morning – she'd prepared herself to make everything right. But again, she ended up being hopelessly wretched when it came about moving on. Still, she couldn't just respond to the same thing without feeling it now, can she? It takes time and Scarlett was at least glad that Aaron understands it all so well and that makes her relieved to some extent.