9. Marry Me, Now, Please?

"Damn." Aaron cussed as the frowns on his forehead turned deeper. Reflexively, he traced the ranks over his creased forehead with his gaze still on the article, which was decorated with Dylan's big picture presenting his amazing success.

Scarlett noticed a few wrinkles around his eyes, letting her identify that he had been stressed recently. Actually, he was bummed out.

It has been only an hour or so since he'd returned from his Japan tour. He was ecstatic, concerning Scarlett's theoretical win and he ended up landing at her mansion first. Desperately, he wanted to meet her and congratulate Scarlett on her supposed accomplishment. However, it wasn't Scarlett that broke him the news about their firm losing the trophy.  Also, it was all fine with Aaron, he was not that disturbed. The real difficulty arose when he'd learnt about Dylan and his collaboration with Serge Mellows and all his plans since last year.

Aaron was completely astounded, knowing Dylan was open to the elements for months already and how he paired up with Mellow holdings, Inc, to plan for a grand comeback. As the moments passed by, Scarlett noticed his veins popping out, reading the amount of temper that had bubbled up inside him. His grip on the piece of paper tightened and his eyes fiercely stared at Dylan's picture.

Hastily, he crumpled the paper and tossed it somewhere in aggravation, "I can't believe you lost to him." He started, turning around as he looked my way.

Scarlett had stressed out enough about his return and encounters. Therefore, she shrugged, "It was shocking at the beginning, but it's fine now. It's not that we could control this, Aaron," she responded as he stared at her, "Although I was fanatically looking forward to that thing at the same time, I apprehended that we don't need those honors to carry out my targets." She completed it with a small smile. "And about Dylan, well, as I'd just said – since we'd no idea, what could we do? Accept reality, that's it."

Legitimately, Scarlett had thought that way. All the while, she'd convinced herself, saying competition is not everything. Although it helps the firm to get better results, stressing herself over the struggle is something that she had to deliberately stop herself from doing. she realized right away – that's what her father had always taught her and he'd have explained the same thing if he were alive.

She advanced a few more steps as she stood in front of him, "If not this year, maybe next year. We could think of other techniques and plan on taking other effective measures." Scarlett smiled with conviction as Aaron let out a trivial nod.

She placed her hand on his shoulder as she felt him unclenching his jaw and fists at the same time. Scarlett recognized the loss did not mess him up. The person winning it is what aggravated him. His experiences in the past, which involved Dylan and business, were the worst and apparently, that is what frightened him. Losing to no one but Dylan was the most discouraging thing for him.

A sigh of relief escaped her lips, thinking about the devil and his interruption. He has not made any move, to invade her thoughts. Was it because he was incensed at Leah's party, that made him stay away? If that is the case, then Scarlett could not be more thankful. She finds herself unruffled only when he is away.

+++++

Scarlett was behind schedule and this time for thinking too much. Not long, her unfounded and irrepressible thoughts do not let her sleep at night making her delay often.