7. Talks And Accusations.

Scarlett has always wondered – why she'd constantly chosen to do things that she really does not want to. It was as if she could not hold the power over her emotions at times, particularly around Dylan. Why this exposure, why was it hard to get over him yet? Honestly, it was all fine until now but now that he was back again, Scarlett had always been under emotional wreckage and was always found overwhelmed. Dylan's touch reminded her of everything that they have had in the past and his husky tones only made it worse.

Even after knowing about his tactics, Scarlett badly fails to explain herself about how big of an affecting manipulator he was, he has always been, since he'd entered into her life since they were young. He was known to be highly skilled in emotional handling, he continued his facade to this day, and his deception only reminded her about her idiocy.

Being with Scarlett over the past had helped him a lot in knowing about what affected her more. Now that he was back to retaliate through his actions, Dylan had discovered his effect over her and took her vulnerability as his benefit, leaving Scarlett wobbly and irrational. It is not that she does not try to ignore his approaches; she surely does.

She couldn't retaliate – what was that all about, the things he'd just said to her outside the restroom. Scarlett could still feel his closeness and she cringed at the thought of him kissing her. She definitely would be insincere to herself, if she'd dare to wait for his lips to be against hers. It took all of her strength of mind to back away. His trickery, his betrayal and the cobweb of lies that he'd said to her, facilitated Scarlett much in backing away.

What does he accomplish by performing these tricky things? Why did he just not leave her alone for the rest of my life? These were the things Scarlett thought and questioned but nothing came back in response.

She was feeling so upset, perturbed, incensed, all at the same time. Walking back to the foyer, where people danced like maniacs, brought her out of her inner anguish. Furthermore, that reminded her of Leah.

All of a sudden, Scarlett was fuming at her. If she was behind this, inviting him to her birthday bash, she is going to face her wrath. Knowing their past, Leah had acted as a peacemaker many times and if she'd admit that she was onto that thing again, she's seriously going to get it.

Scarlett looked everywhere for her, to question her, the bar, backside pool, the living area and the dancing area as well. She was nowhere to be found. Finally, she appeared, coming out of the kitchen as she met with Scarlett's livid stares. Her forehead creased into a deep frown as she stood facing her best friend. "What's with you giving me those grimy stares?" She questioned in puzzlement.

Scarlett grabbed her arm, making her frowns only to get deeper as she forcefully dragged her to a corner. She does not intend on letting everyone know about this.

"Scarlett, you're scaring me now, alright," she huffed as she stared at her, "You seem so mad." She added.

"Dylan is here." That one statement was enough to leave Leah staggered.
"What?" She could only manage to murmur.

"You heard me right," Scarlett said as she studied her expressions. Before she could respond, she busted at her not thinking anything, "You invited him. Didn't you?" She hissed. Frankly, Scarlett could not hold anything else anymore and she apprehended it later that it made her feel so specious at that moment.