10. Shades Of The Devil!

"You are the haughtiest and conceited person I've ever met." Scarlett frantically commented as she turned away from him. The prominent smug smile that he'd carried made her so incensed at this moment.

Not so humorously, he chuckled, leaving her all the way more irritated. Turning her to him, Dylan cheekily grinned. She glared at him, but that was only for a moment as he unpredictably pulled her towards him for a brief kiss. Although it's one of his wicked plans to get away from her grumbles, Scarlett could not avoid the bliss that she'd get whenever he kissed her. His one touch and she would turn all tingly and her legs go jelly. Additionally, even if she managed to conceal the influence he had on her, the reddening of her cheeks clearly clarifies it all to him, making him smug all over again.

However, Scarlett pulled away. Maintaining a stern face, she glared at him, deliberately hiding her glowing state, "Don't you dare break off me using your vicious ways. I hate you. Go to that girl who..." and once again, Dylan cuts her off by giving her a chaste kiss on her lips, making Scarlett disregard her covetousness for a while.

She glared at him, only to get a swanky smirk. Scarlett could never win against this malicious jerk, could she?

"You're overthinking, Angel," he chuckled. His hands reached out for her face, as he brushed a few strands of her hair away. A grin instantly added to her lips, when he'd stared at her in admiration. Scarlett's heart smiled whenever she was next to him. He continued, "She is just a friend." He explained, his thumb leaving soft caresses on her cheek making her feel giddy and fall for him powerfully and deeply.

Dylan continued staring at her eyes, making it hard to maintain her tranquillity. However, she ignored it to an extent.

"If you really love me, then marry me," Scarlett stated brusquely, as he took his hand off from her face. He looked confused and his instant reaction only made her grimace. Instantaneously taking away his steps, he stood in the distance, against her partiality.

Reaching to where he was rooted, she glanced his way, "You certainly don't intend on marrying me. Do you, Dylan?" She asked unswervingly and this time a sigh escaped his mouth. She looked up at him in glumness and that very instant, she decided to leave, but he was quick in making her stay as he pulled her back, his hands directly making their way around her waist.

"I feel I'm not good enough for you. I fear that I can't take good care of you or show you the love you deserve." He articulated, his eyes losing his natural gleam as he removed his hold on her, leaving her confusingly blank.

Sighing out of exhaustion, Scarlett held his hand, making him place his hands on her face again, cupping her face like earlier. She expressed looking straight into his eyes. "If there's anyone that I want to spend life with, then it's you and only you. Whether you like it or not, you're trapped with me." She declared as he chuckled. She quickly continued, "Only you can make me happy, Dylan. No one could make me feel the way you do." She finished in a quiet voice, slipping her hands around his neck, as she intently looked deep into those alluring eyes, the same pair of orbs that had successfully managed to take her breath away, each time she fixed her eyes on them.

"I love you," Scarlett whispered, maintaining eye contact as he smiled.

"I cannot imagine my life without you, Angel." He whispered back leaning in. Scarlett fitted tightly in his arms as he kissed her passionately.

Scarlett jolted awake abruptly. 
It was the same memory again, will he ever leave her mind? She sighed getting up from her armchair, as she realized it was time for the sun to go down.

Steadily taking her steps, she settled in front of the office window. The lights outside played a prominent role in making the city look mesmerizing and beautiful.