Chapter 2

“Let’s date,” Calvin said. I was so shocked! Would I say yes or no? If I would say yes, my life would be in trouble because girls will surely get jealous and in fact he is a Taiwanese star. Otherwise, he will feel upset. I went to wash room for a while to think deeply. After 3 minutes, I asked him, “Are you sure you are going to date me?” He said, “Of course because I like you.” My eyes gone huge, meaning I’m so shocked. “I will take care of you,” he added. I asked myself, “Is this for real? Calvin Chen is going to date me! Will I say yes or no? Am I ready to fall in love with a handsome guy like him?”

We already came out at the restaurant, but still I don’t have an answer to his question. We went to Love River and Calvin asked me again, “Can you be my girlfriend, Ms. Rose Chiu?” I nodded. He added, “I can’t hear you.” I replied, “Yes.” Calvin was jumping for joy and hugged me. He thanked me and tried to kiss me. But I stopped it. I said, “I’m not ready for that. Sorry.” “It’s ok. But at least we are now dating,” Calvin said.

I know that I’m in trouble if everyone will know that VJ Calvin of MTV Taiwan is already taken. But he promised me that this relationship will be private and I don’t want to be in the news and be the talk of the town.

November came. And at this month, there will be a double celebration: Calvin’s birthday and our first monthsary. I want his birthday and our monthsary be special. On the 5th of November, we went to Yoshinoya restaurant. I said to him, “It’s my treat now. Don’t worry.” “So after this, can we go to our house? I already miss my family. And I want you to meet them,” he said. I nodded.

It’s time to meet his parents. Hope they will be nice to me. Calvin recognized that I was nervous. He placed his hand on my shoulder and said, “Don’t be nervous. They’re nice so don’t worry.” We already arrived at his house at around 9:30pm. His mom embraced him. He introduced me to his mom. She smiled at me and said, “Nice to meet you. Come in.” Wow! That was a warm welcome. Calvin took me a tour at his house. Chen house was so clean and modernized. It has two floors with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. When I entered to their kitchen, I was so envy that the kitchen has a European-style. Then we visited Calvin’s room at the second floor. His room is painted blue and has Doraemon doll on his bed.

After we toured at his home, his mom suddenly told me, “You are the first girl who Calvin introduced to me. I think you are the right girl for him.” I thanked her but Calvin opposed, “Ma! Don’t force her. It’s only our first month together.” His mom said, “Then both of you, take your time together, maybe one year is enough.” “What are you talking about? Engagement or marriage?” Calvin asked. “Of course, engagement first! Just be happy together. Rose, take care of my son,” his mom replied. I answered his mom yes in Mandarin. It’s nice that Calvin’s mom is so kind to me.

5 days after, it’s Calvin’s birthday! I gave him a panda bear with a heart saying “I love you” in Mandarin. He’s so happy. He asked me if I want to meet the other members of Fahrenheit. I said happily, “Of course!” We went to GTV studio of 100% Entertainment. He introduced me to Alien Huang and Show Luo. Then we went to dressing room of Fahrenheit. I saw the closeness between them; they’re really brothers! Calvin introduced me and said, “Da DongYa LunChun, this is Rose Chiu, my girlfriend. Xiao Mei, I want you to meet JiroAaron, and Chun.” I took a bow and introduced myself to them, “Wo shi Chiu Mei Gui. You can call me Rose or Xiao Mei. I’m Calvin’s girlfriend from the Philippines. Nice to meet you all.” ChunAaron, and Jiro said hello to Mandarin.

Calvin will be celebrating his birthday in 100% Entertainment. This episode will be aired a day after. He will co-host Show and Alien. It’s not a surprise that his brothers in Fahrenheit and his girlfriend are here. But the director and the producer of the show requested me to give him a surprise. I asked them what kind of surprise. Then the producer answered, “Anything. You can dance or sing. Just give him a surprise number for his birthday.” But I was worried. I don’t want to be featured in a TV show. Will I accept their offer just for Calvin’s special day or will I not accept it and let the show go on without my appearance at the show?