Chapter 5

“I’m very sorry.” A familiar voice but I have no idea who he is. He gave the bouquet to me and I was surprised. It’s Calvin! I felt his sincere apology. He explained everything what had happened in our previous appearance in 100% Entertainment. After that, I already forgave him. He embraced me tightly. I was so happy that we were back on each other’s arms. He kissed me. His lips were so warm and passionate. He told me good news, “The head of HIM Records said that they have a 3-year recording contract for you. You will be having a meeting with one of the album producers of HIM, our manager, and the head on Saturday regarding the contract.” I suddenly asked him, “Really?” “All you gotta do is to decide whether you would accept the recording contract or not,” Calvin said immediately.

So I have three days to decide. Well, if I accept the contract, I will be one of the popular recording artists in Taiwan and Asia and have an opportunity to show my talent in front of the big audience whether at the studio or at the concert venue like Taipei Arena. But there is a risk. My life would be controversial. I don’t want the public to know what my personal matters like about my family. Otherwise, if I didn’t accept the contract, that opportunity would be thrown away. But at least the press and public will not ruin my life. Oh no, what should I do? Will I accept it or not?

It was December 20. I felt nervous this nice Saturday morning. Chun called me on the phone and said, “Whatever is your decision, we will support you always. Just be happy.” Jiro left a voice message, “Jia you, Xiao Mei.” Aaron gave me a short note and I quoted, “Just follow what your heart says. We are here for you.” Calvin was waiting for me outside. He told me, “We are here to guide you on whatever decision you take. Let’s go.”

We are already here at HIM Records. My heart is beating so fast. Finally I met Fahrenheit’s album producer, the head of HIM Records and Fahrenheit’s manager. The meeting took 2 hours. We talked about HIM’s plans for my singing career. All they want to hear is my decision. They gave me time to think about it. They said that they want my decision somewhat first week of January next year. So I have two weeks more to decide deeply.

I informed Calvin what had happened in the meeting. Then I called Aaron while Calvin called Chunand Jiro about the meeting. They were happy that I have more time to decide.

Silver bells were ringing. Colorful lights were dancing. The atmosphere seemed so happy because it’s already Christmas Eve. I was celebrating my first Christmas here in Taiwan with friends and classmates. I suddenly missed my parents because we always celebrate Christmas in the Philippines. But at least, my friends and classmates were going to celebrate with me.

Fireworks enjoyed splashing in the air with bright colors. New Year’s Eve countdown was almost the same, I supposed. But celebrating New Year here in Taiwan was so different because there’s a big stage near Taipei 101. Fahrenheit was invited in the New Year countdown event. So I had a chance to meet other Taiwanese stars like Genie ZhouRainie YangTANKReen YuCyndi WangS.H.E. and George Hu.

New Year had passed. It’s a fresh start for me to face new challenges in my life. And one of those was the recording contract between HIM Records and me. So what will be my final decision?