Chapter 12

I suddenly went to HIM Records building. I surprised the staffs there. They were so happy that I’m back. Then I asked, “Is Fahrenheit here?” One of the staffs replied, “They’re not here. They are all busy with their solo projects. Aaron is doing a drama with Reen YuJiro and Chun are shooting a movie with Ella ChenCalvin has a lot of hosting projects with MTV and GTV.” “Oh, I see,” I said calmly. Another staff asked me, “Had you missed us and your work here as a recording artist?” “Of course, I do!” I responded cheerfully.

“So you’re back! Do you want to have your second album?” Fahrenheit’s producer asked me surprisingly. I nodded smilingly. We talked about the second album to be released either at the end of this year or early next year. Then he told me that the producer and the director of Love Buffet wanted to talk with me this afternoon. He gave me the address of the meeting place and I took a taxi cab and left.

It’s already 3:00 pm. I’m already here at the meeting place. The place is just a two-floor simple café shop. I looked around and saw two persons at the corner left near entrance waved at me. They introduced themselves, “Ni hao! I am Wang Chuan Er, the producer of Love Buffet and he is Wu Jian Xin, the director of the same drama.” I also introduced myself nervously, “Ni hao! I… I am Rose Chiu. It’s nice to meet you.” Director Wu asked me suddenly “Do you want to have an idol drama withFahrenheit?” I was shocked and replied, “Director, are you serious? I’m not good in acting.” “We know,” he said, “so while Fahrenheit is doing their own projects, you will encounter four-month acting workshops with GTV. I gave them until October to finish all of these projects. You will start after your graduation at Ming Dao University.” I asked a lot of questions, “Did Fahrenheit know about this new drama? What will be the story? Is it from manga or anime?” “Well,” Producer Wang replied, “They didn’t know yet but I’m sure they will accept it because you will be the female lead. It’s an original story but with a Hana Yori Dango adaptation. It’s a Meteor Garden third sequel with a twist.” “Huh? With a twist? Meteor Garden? So I will be Shan Cai?” I asked again. Producer Wang answered, “Nope. You will be the daughter of Dao Ming Se and Shan Cai. Just call us after your graduation if you have decided whether to accept or not to accept the drama but don’t inform Fahrenheit yet, ok?” I nodded and thanked them for their offer.

The day has come. I opened the invitation:

“You are invited to Ming Dao University’s annual graduation ball entitled

MASQUERADE MAGIC!

this seventeenth day of June, Friday

at Shangri-La's Far Eastern Plaza Hotel

201 Tun Hwa South Road,Section 2,Taipei 106, Taiwan

Attire: Formal

We had reserved 1 seat for you at Table 1.

R.S.V.P.”

I had bought a simple blue with a touch of yellow formal dress, high-heeled stilettos and an eye mask yesterday. Fahrenheit hasn’t seen me yet since I arrived last Wednesday. I wore the dress so nicely and put a moderate make-up on my face. I also wore my new stilettos with 5 inches higher. I took a taxi cab to proceed at the venue. It’s already 6:30 pm.

I arrived at the venue around 7:10 pm. There are a lot of students from different majors of Business Administration course. I looked for Calvin. I saw him with other girls. Maybe I should not interrupt him. So I saw the dean and went to him. He embraced me and said, “You’re back, Ms. Rose Chiu! I am happy you were able to attend here.” I just smiled at me. Calvin heard my name was mentioned by the dean. He left the girls he chatted and proceeded towards to the dean. He whispered, “May I take my girl beside you?” The dean nodded. I have no idea why the dean nodded but surprisingly someone pulled my hand and it’s CalvinCalvin hugged me and said, “You’re back.”

The graduation ball was so fun. I had chance to see my former classmates again. Calvin and my eight classmates were at the same table as I was assigned. At the climax of the event, he was the first and last guy that I danced. I was so tired and sleepy. So Calvin and I went outside the venue and rode at his Honda silver car. When we reached my house that I lived two years ago, he found me asleep. He carried me to my room. Suddenly, I hold his hand and said, “Don’t leave me. Please stay at my side.” He smiled at me and lied down at the bed beside me.

Saturday morning, I smelled so familiar. I opened my eyes and the person beside me was Calvin! I smiled at him and thought if something happened. I just remembered that I fell asleep in his car. He opened his eyes and I greeted him “Good morning”. He also replied “Good morning” with a smile. I asked him if there’s something happened between us last night. He answered none and also fell asleep beside me. We both went to Ming Dao University around 4:00 pm to get the black toga, gold hood, and cap plus a memo containing guidelines and reminders about graduation on Wednesday.

22 June – the day that all senior Business Administration students have been waiting for: GRADUATION. Calvin and I were seatmates not only in class but also in graduation (alphabetical order: Chen first, and then Chiu). He’s the only Chen in Public Finance major so there is no need to worry about. He was Summa Cum Laude of our batch while I accepted a special award wherein I became a Magna Cum Laude of a pontifical and royal university in the Philippines which is University of Santo Tomas, the oldest university of Asia. I was so happy and proud of him because even though he is a famous Taiwanese star, he was able to do his responsibility as a student. After graduation, HIM Records prepared a party for us. Jiro, Chun, and Aaron were there and they all greeted us congratulations.

Chun showed me a DVD and Calvin played it. Jiro turned on the television and I was surprised because my best friends, cousins, and my parents congratulated me. My eyes were full of tears of joy and I appreciated their effort to send videos to Aaron’s gmail account. I bowed my head and said, “Xie xie, Fei Fei!”

While they were having fun, I rushed outside the room to call Producer Wang regarding the drama project he offered few days ago. I told them that Fahrenheit doesn’t know anything about this. He said that Director Wu sent me a message through my MSN mail account about Fahrenheit’s schedules so that they will not notice what I will be doing within those days that they are busy.

I started my acting workshop with Director Wu and other Taiwanese actors and actresses. Within two-and-a-half-month time span, he noticed that I am an easy learner. They advised me to think sad happenings in my life so during the session I cried easily. Director also advised me to keep the scene as real as possible and go with the flow.

Both Producer Wang and Director Wu were contented with my drama performance in the last acting session. They both applauded and Director Wu said, “You are now ready to face the camera with emotions.”

September 15 is the sixth anniversary of Fahrenheit as a group. They knew that they will be having press conference. But it’s not. After the tenth reporter, Director Wu and Producer Wang suddenly entered. Chun and Jiro didn’t know who these persons were but both Calvin and Aaron shocked because they were the director and producer of Love Buffet. Director Wu and Producer Wang announced something about the new drama of Fahrenheit.

I was outside the room near the lobby and laughing silently. Fahrenheit didn’t have a clue what will be the announcement. Hmm... What’s that announcement all about?