Chapter 7

My first album is my key to doors of fame and opportunity. So what’s next? There are a lot of rumors: (1) I will be the female lead of the drama to be produced by GTV and Comic Productions, (2) I will be one of the cast in a new Taiwanese movie, (3) I will be having a new show in MTV or GTV, and (4) I will be having my first major concert at Taipei Arena on October.

Well, among those rumors, only one is true. That is the major concert. The production staff and director of Fahrenheit’s concert called “Fahrenheit Fantasy World Tour” will be also the driving force of my first concert. But the head of HIM Records challenge me: I will be the concept director of the concert. What? I will be a concept director at this very young age? But the head said that he will guide me.

So I have 3 months. But the problem is where should I start? Okay. First thing first: the concept of the concert. I want this concert would see the true me but the title of the concert must be connected with my current album. The songs that I’ll be singing should be not only about love but also happiness and dream. Also I want to prove that I am strong enough to handle those rumors about me. Next, the special guests, sponsors, and flow of the concert, then finally the most critical part: time schedule of rehearsals and the list of sponsors and contests. Then the title would be “I Love My Buffet of Life.”

I decided not to have special guest. I want my celebrity friends to watch me perform live. Sponsors would be from my endorsements and media partners. Brands include Coca-Cola, Watsons, and L’Oreal. The contests should be organized by media partners such as Hit FM, MTV and GTV. Here’s the flow of the concert as planned:

PART 1: I LOVE BEING A SHERO

           1. Sx4 Opening Medley

                        a. Super Hot

                        b. Superb

                        c. Stronger

                        d. SHERO

           2. Hero

           3. Superman

           4. You Made Me Stronger

           5. My Prerogative/Rumors

           6. Can’t Back Down

PART 2: I LOVE MYSELF

           7. Overprotected

           8. Linguistic Playlist (with Mandarin and English subtitles)

                        a. [Spanish] Lo Que Soy (This Is Me)

                        b. [Korean] Because I’m a Girl

                        c. [Japanese] Flavor of Life

                        d. [Tagalog] Time In

PART 3: I LOVE FAIRYTALE DREAMS

           9. Sweet Dreams/Teenage Dream

           10. Lucky

           11. Love Story/Today Was A Fairytale

           12. Ever Ever After

           13. Cinderella/Breakaway

PART 4: I LOVE TW IDOL DRAMAS

           14. [from Meteor Garden I] The Love You Want

           15. [from Meteor Garden II] Broken Vow

           16. [from Love Storm] Decide To Love You

           17. [from Momo Love] If I Fall In Love With You

           18. [from ToGetHer] The Love of Silence

           19. [from Romantic Princess] Over The Rainbow

           20. [from Love Buffet] Mistake

PART 5: I LOVE FAHRENHEIT

            21. [for Jiro Wang] Wandering Alone

            22. [for Wu Chun] Finding Happiness for You

            23. [for Aaron Yan] Meet You On February 30th

            24. [for Calvin Chen] Existing For You

            25. Keep Loving You/Love You More and More

PART 6: I LOVE MY OWN KALEIDOSCOPE

            26. You’re Not In Love

            27. Bleeding Love

            28. A Very Special Love

            29. Love Moves In Mysterious Ways

            30. Let Love Lead The Way

A week before the day of the concert, I felt nervous and excited while I’m getting ready for the concert. I memorized the dance steps and the media partners announced the winners who will be given free concert tickets. Also, the song lyrics that I will be singing were already on the view board and the clothes I will wear were already delivered. The concert was scheduled on the date of my birthday. This concert is so special and it’s for Calvin because we gonna celebrate our first anniversary.

05 October came. Fans greeted me on my birthday through tweets in Twitter, micro-blogs in Weibo, and posts in Facebook. Celebrity friends called and sent me text messages to greet me a happy birthday. But I realized that my parents hadn’t called me yet. I miss them so much. Anyway, I am busy preparing for my concert tonight.

It’s already 8:00 pm. The audience was screaming loudly. My heart started beating so fast. Lights were off in a moment. All I can see is the bright lights from the people watching the concert. The music starts to play. The concert started with a blast of breathtaking stunts, choreography, and heartwarming songs. It took almost three hours. Before I sang my last song, I cried at the end of the show, thanking all the people for the support and love.

But wait… There’s a phone call. Who is it? Why is my heart beating again so fast? Why my tears are starting to fall in a moment?