Chapter 6

The time has come. As marked on my planner: 05 January – 10:00 am, meeting with the head, producer, and manager at the conference room of HIM Records about my final decision on recording contract. I felt nervous. But ChunAaronJiro, and Calvin told me that they will support my decision. Few minutes before the meeting, I asked each one of them, “If I accepted the record deal, can you be my leading man in one of my music videos?” They all nodded and I smiled.

It’s already 10:00 am. Fahrenheit was waiting outside the conference room. I entered the room and greeted the head of HIM, Fahrenheit’s album producer, and Fahrenheit’s manager. We discussed a lot of things regarding the record deal. We took almost an hour. We all came out the conference room.Calvin asked me, “How was it? Did you accept the recording contract?”

Fahrenheit waited me to answer but I didn’t answer Calvin’s question. He asked again, “Is there something wrong with the contract?” I only smiled at him. Fahrenheit had no clue if I accepted the contract or not.

Four months had passed. I had series of pictorial shoot for magazines, a pile of endorsement deals and a bunch of interviews and press conferences. I made a Weibo and Twitter accounts plus Facebook fan page for followers and fans to keep updated. Also, I was busy doing my first album: recording songs and shooting music videos. Yes, I accepted the recording contract with HIM. It’s a three-year recording contract.

28 June is the released date of my first album. The pre-order version is on 14 June. The difference of the pre-order with the original one is the cover image and the price. Plus, the pre-order version has a DVD which features my music videos and BTS. I’m very excited. The title of my first album is Kaleidoscope Rose: My Buffet of Love. I recorded 18 songs with the word “love” in these song titles, including the bonus tracks.

01 Ready for Love

02 First Love

03 Love Moves in Mysterious Ways

04 A Very Special Love

05 Love Story

06 Moments of Love (duet with Wu Chun)

07 You’re Not in Love

08 Love Will Lead You Back

09 Hate That I Love You (featuring Aaron Yan)

10 It Must Have Been Love

11 Sometimes Love Just Ain’t Enough

12 Bleeding Love

13 Let Love Lead the Way

14 Way Back into Love (duet with Calvin Chen)

Bonus:

15 The Love You Want (acoustic live version with Jiro Wang)

16 The Love of Silence (English version)

17 Love You More and More (featuring Fahrenheit)

Fahrenheit was giving a full support in my career. They had time in accompanying me in doing album promotions. Also, I was featured in the shows such as 100% Entertainment (hosted by Show Luoand Alien Huang), Super King (hosted by Jiro WangTony Sun and Jacky Wu), and MTV Ri Han Yin Yue Feng (hosted by Calvin Chen). I had a live chat courtesy of Sina and series of radio show guest appearances.

My first music video was released 11 June on MTV Taiwan. My first single is First Love. It was originally sung by Utada Hikaru. In the music video, my leading man is Calvin Chen. I chose him because he is my first love. When I had a guest appearance on MTV Ri Han Yin Yue Feng hosted by Calvin, he asked me about the album. My first music video was featured in his show. That episode was aired on the same  release date of First Love MV.  

I can’t believe that it’s already 28 June. I asked prayers to God hoping that the album will be successful. And indeed, it was. The head of HIM Records informed me that for the first week of the release of the album, it sold almost 50,000 units. And he added, “You already surpassed the first-week sales of the albums of your other HIM co-artists including TANKS.H.E. and Fahrenhei.” Wow! I didn’t expect this. I thanked all the people who bought my first album in Twitter and Facebook. Also, I read the tweets from my followers and posts from my fans. The press people gave positive reviews regarding my album. My album reached number one at all major record stores few days after the album release.

I was overwhelmed and I just took my first step towards fame. What’s next for me? I think second album next year. My fans were asking if I will be considering idol dramas, movies, and shows plus having my first major concert. I answered, “For dramas, movies, and shows, I still don’t know but if I were given an opportunity, I’ll take it. When it comes to concert, I want it to be held at Taipei Arena maybe anytime within this year.”  

After my first album, what’s my next project? Is it an idol drama, movie, show or a concert?