chapter twelve

Montgomery's point of view

I put Melody on reading. I don't know what else to say. The way Justin and Zach wanted to impress her pisses me off.

"Yo, Monty. Can you give me a ride to that pizza place?" Justin had asked me earlier today.

"Sure. Get in," Justin told me about how Melody got mad at him and he wanted to make it up to her.

"She is at Zach's place. Kinda explain why both of them didn't come to school today," I tighten my grip on the steering wheel.

"Why do you want to buy pizza anyway? Is it for Mel?"

"Yeah. Zach said she has her lady thing going on. When she is on her period, pizza is her best friend. Wait here,"  We've arrived and he went in to get pizza.

A few minutes later, he came out and I asked what topping was on the pizza.

"Pepperoni, Mel's favourite," I am slowly learning things about her but not from herself.

"Go to Wal-Mart. Zach just texted me that they went to get ice cream and that Mel picked out chocolates," I went in the direction of Wal-Mart.

"Look at the picture Zach just sent me! Mel is so cute! She likes playing in those things," We were at a red light and Justin showed me a picture of Melody in a shopping cart, hugging a tub of ice cream and grinning.

"Yeah. She said it reminds her of her dad?" I remembered and continued driving when the light turns green.

"Yeah. Zach and I met Mr Vickerman before. He wears a suit most of the time. We met him when she invited us to her house when we first started hanging out," Justin had said.

"It's a shame," I agreed.

"She told you about her dad?"

"Yeah. I met her family. My parents were being parents. I'm not sure why I called her in the first place," I confessed.

"Melody always makes the best first impressions and after you met her, her personality makes you want to be her friend, you know what I mean?" I eyed him suspiciously.

"Right," I parked my car next to Zach's and Melody was in a cart.

I hid my smile and went out, watching Melody forgiving and hugging Justin. The way they wanted to help her out of the cart. The way they fight over who open the door for her. I stare at my shoes, ashamed that I couldn't do it for her yet.

"Monty? Honey? Are you awake?" I jumped at the sound of my mother's voice.

"Yeah, mum! I'm awake," I shouted back.

"Well, OK. Come down and have breakfast," She said through my close door.

I showered and put on clothes. I checked my phone and went downstairs. My father and mother were acting strangely normal and having breakfast together.

"Good morning, son," He greeted me.

"Morning," Mum put eggs on my plate and I poured myself a cup of coffee.

"So, I was thinking. Since your father and I are not working and we haven't been spending time with you, why not we go out today?" I looked up at my mother.

I wanted to decline but I looked at my dad who was staring back at me with hopeful eyes. I remembered what Melody said.

"Don't say that, Monty. You still have your parents. Don't take them for granted even though they're always arguing. I would give up everything and everyone just to be with mine."

"Sure," I said, earning a nod of approval from my dad and my mother clapping her hands excitingly.

"We have yet to decide. So why not you chose where we should go? Anywhere. Then, maybe we can eat lunch and dinner outside," Mum smiled warmly.

"Bowling?" I suggested, randomly.

"Oh, honey! Of course! Just like old times," she smiled at me and at my dad.

"Go and ready. We'll be leaving at noon," I nodded and look at the time, 11 am.

I put my plate in the sink and went up to my room. I throw on a flannel and change my sweatpants to jeans. I sprayed cologne and took my phone. I waited downstairs for my parents who came down 15 minutes later.

"You ready?" Dad asked me.

"Leave it be, mum," I pulled away from my mother's grip that was making my collar.

"Put it properly, Monty!" She frowned and I quickly put down my collar.

"Happy?" I asked, annoyed and she smiled.

Dad drove us in his car to the bowling alley. It was around noon time and it is already crowding. We got our bowling shoes and went to an alley. We enter our names into the machine and picked out our bowling ball.

I picked out an orange marble one, sitting on shelves but someone grabbed it from the other side.

"Hey!" I pulled the ball away, swiftly and footsteps from the other side came to mine.

"Monty?" Melody was standing there, confused.

"Mel? What are you doing here?" I approached her.

"Bowling with Micah. I want that bowling ball. It's mine," She had a cute frown on her face.

"Don't have your name on it?" I smirked and check the ball for her name.

"But I want it! Orange is my favourite colour," She folded her arms over her stomach.

"Is it now?" I challenged her.

"Yeah! If you don't give it to me-"

"What are you going to do, short stuff?" I teased her.

"You did not just call me that?!" She gasped.

"You weren't complaining the first time I called you that," I winked at her.

"Hpmf!" She stormed away, angry.

"Cutie," I shook my head at her.

I walked in the same direction as her and realise that Micah and Mel were using the alley next to ours. I smirked.

"Ready to play, mum and dad?" They were waiting for me.

"Of course!" We began playing.

"There he is!" I heard and saw Mel pointing at me.

I played, half trying to impress Melody and half having fun with my parents.

"That was a good strike, honey!" I walked off, proud while my mum praised me.

"But I have three strikes in a row!" Dad whined and mum just laughed at him, making me laugh too.

We played throughout the afternoon, stopping, only just past 5. I turned to look at Melody and she was jumping with joy and hugging Micah.

"Strike! I finally have a strike!" I heard her screaming.

"Finally! Can we eat now?" I heard her cousin groaned.

"Wanna have early dinner?" I suggested to my family.

"Yes! I'm starving! Where do you suggest we go?" Mum asked and my eyes trailed after Melody and her cousin walking off to McDonald's opposite of this bowling place.

"McDonald's?"

"Oh! I haven't had those for awhile now. Why not?" Mum pulled Dad and we went opposite.

TBC
>vote, comment, share!<

Author's note

how do you like this chapter in Montgomery's point of view? i hope you liked it, im quite impressed with myself :D